P0113 code, rough idle and running performance

E

Earlww

My 2006 Wrangler SE with 2.4 liters keeps blowing a P0113 code. It runs at idling extremely rough. Motor jumps around then dies. I can smell gas. I can hear a sucking sound coming from the fuel injection system when I give it gas. The motor has performance issues as well. So I replaced the IAT sensor still seconds after cranking engine light comes right back on. I replaced the 02 sensors and the air filter then reset computer so codes are cleared out, but still Seconds after cranking check engine light comes on and all the symptoms return. Help!!!

If you haven’t already I’d start checking the wiring to the sensor for a bad connection or wire. Spray the connection with some cleaner/protector. Maybe that’ll do it. I’m sure others will have better suggestions.

If you haven’t already I’d start checking the wiring to the sensor for a bad connection or wire. Spray the connection with some cleaner/protector. Maybe that’ll do it. I’m sure others will have better suggestions.
If you haven’t already I’d start checking the wiring to the sensor for a bad connection or wire. Spray the

It was a Bad new sensor. I put another one in it and that is fixed, but now I am blowing a P0038 Bank one, sensor two code. I have put a new sensor in it then the old one and still after having the battery disconnected for hours the second I hook everything back up and start the vehicle the check engine light immediately comes on.

Earl

You might need to drive through a full cycle with the new one installed before that code goes away. Some highway and some stop-and-go driving though I’m not sure exactly what it is with the tj. This hasn’t happened with my wranglers but on other vehicles it’s been more that a day or two before they go away.

Th
You might need to drive through a full cycle with the new one installed before that code goes away. Some highway and some stop-and-go driving though I’m not sure exactly what it is with the tj. This hasn’t happened with my wranglers but on other vehicles it’s been more that a day or two before they go away.
Thanks. I will do that. I really appreciate everyone’s help on this. I am going to drive it awhile and see how he does.

Well I am about to give up and take it to a shop. Now it’s blowing a P0132, P0032 and a P0038. Plus I smell gas under the hood when I crank it up. I am at a bewildered state. Plus I can’t read anywhere that tells me the difference between a P0132 and a P0032. They both show to be 02 Sensor Bank 1, Sensor 1. Can someone explain to me the difference?

How’s the condition of the wires leading up to the sensors? Are the connections good? Might be a good time to break out the multimeter

The P0132 means high voltage or it’s running rich. It could be a bad or wrong O2 sensor, harness or connection. I’d follow the wires back to the fuses and see if anything’s off.
P0032 is another O2 code. I just looked into it and it says that there could be higher than expected resistance in the circuit.
P0038 - high Voltage in the heater circuit
You may not have to buy new sensors but look for some wire issues.

By the way- did you use NTK or Bosch? The latter of which can cause problems.

Just went through something similar. P0132 P0138 aka high voltage in bank 1 O2 sensor. Went down all the rabbit holes, cleaned throttle body, new IAC, MAP, TPS, O2 sensors, new CAT... still the codes and hesitation remained with rough idle. Finally found my O2 sensor wire split where it leads into the fuse box from rubbing in the metal bracket that mounts the fuse box under the hood. In either case, between the new sensors (It’s a 2000 and was due) and fixing the wire it’s running better than it has for years so even though I spent hundreds on something that really was fixed for ~$1.00, I’m happy. Bottom line, check the simple stuff first.

If you hear a sucking sound check your vacuum lines you might have a crack and those affect idle and fuel use too