P0113 & IAT Connector

AjRagno

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
2005 LJ.

I've had this code pop up a few time since spring, usually after I've done something that required disconnecting the IAT sensor so that I could move the air intake tube out of the way, but yesterday it happened while driving. I found that if I move the connector around I can get the signal to drop off so expect that the connector is the issue.

Anyone else been through this? There is a Mopar repair kit (no images). Napa and a few other also carry a repair kit.

Mopar 68040452AB
Napa ECH EC260

Also: Can the terminals in the current connector somehow be repaired or manipulated to secure a connection?

View attachment 216621

I did resolve this yesterday. P0113 returned and while inspecting the wiring I found that the insulation on the ground wire would stretch so I figured that the wire had broken inside or right at the connector. When I pulled, the wire did break and came right out.

Mopar 68040452AB did not fit but it came with extra wires and having recently added cruise control, I was familiar with the de-pinning/re-pinning process.

After removing the pins and inserting new ones, it was simply a matter of soldering and sealing the wires.

I used Lisle 57750 to de-pin the connector.
View attachment 336592

Reactions: MichaelGH