P0206 error

TJCooter

Ok...Need some help. I'm getting a p0206 error that won't go away this time. Replaced all 6 fuel injectors last year when it first started. Now the error is firing again. My number 1 harness looked cracked, so I changed both the 1 and 6 injector thinking that would work but no dice. Still misfiring with P0206. Actually fired P0205 and P0206, but after remembering to clear the codes I'm now only getting the P2016. Any advice before I spend $200 on a PCM?

Thanks in advance!!

Ok...so just received my noid light tester and I'm getting on solid light which confirms its not getting the right signal from the PCM. Next question in how do I tell if its the wiring or the PCM?

If it was the wiring, there should be a short or break somewhere in the wiring. You'll need to follow the wire thoroughly and inspect.

Also, where are you getting a replacement PCM for $200? You're going to have to have it programmed to your vehicle, and it will need to be from the same year and transmission TJ as yours is. Just giving you a heads up on that.

If I was going to get a replacement PCM, I'd be talking to @Wranglerfix who will get you a replacement already programmed to your vehicle with the latest software updates too.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Thanks! I'll double check the wiring and then I'm going to try spark plugs as last ditch effort. Found a refurbished PCM from Flagship One. I'll ask @Wranglerfix before buying. I've read a lot of Jerry's posts.

https://www.fs1inc.com/2000-jeep-wr...ed[/URL What is the part number on your ecm?