P0339 and P0300

Lucee

Supporting Member
Was driving home today and my check engine light came on after what felt like a drop in power for a moment. Also a bit after that it showed a quick fluctuation if rpms. CEL then started flashing. I continued home as it seemed ok. I later went out and drive it around the block and the check engine light was still on but no longer flashing. I did check the codes before doing that so not sure if that would stop it from flashing. Did not clear them of course. Here’s what it gave me. I’m just curious as if it’s safe to drive for another week as my shop could not get me in till then? I’m hoping it’s just the crankshaft sensor needs replaced and I just ordered one. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also I just got it back from the shop on Thursday after having the following completed-

2 OME Lift
Rancho 5000X Shocks
17” Fuel Beast Wheels
32 BFG KO2
Bestop NX Trektop Twill
Front rotor, calipers, brake pads

B23994D2-8A7C-49D9-858F-007DCF2C2231.png

Two key words for the P0339 are "circuit" and "intermittent". I'd inspect the harness connector and wiring as well, besides just planning to replace the sensor. Perhaps someone bumped the sensor or harness whilst installing the lift, or it simply just didn't get plugged back in properly. Or, it could just be a coincidence and you have corrosion buildup within the connector causing an intermittent connection.

Reactions: Lucee
Make certain you buy only genuine Mopar sensors. Aftermarket ones have known issues.

X2 to this, this is very important.

It seems coincidental that this happened around the same time as you had your lift done (unless I'm reading wrong?), but it's definitely possible... stranger things have happened.

If you replace the sensor with an OE Mopar sensor, you should be fine.

I ordered the part above. I’m hoping it’s the correct one?
It has a weird part number, but one of the reiveiwers said it worked for their 04 4.0 wrangler. The crank sensor for your 05 4.0 is good for any wrangler 03-11. So it seems you bought the right one.

Reactions: Lucee
Hi,

Did you manage to sort this issue out?

Can we replace the sensor ourself is it easy to do. Thanks!