P0340 code

Tictac

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4cyl, 5 speed 4x4

throwing P0340 code. Jeep spins over but does not start.

1) replaced cam sensor
2) ohmed wires from PCM to sensor
3) checked for 5v at sensor with key on

all checked out good. Is there something I am missing?

If you've done all the resistance checks listed in the manual the last two things are physically checking the rotor to be sure it is spinning and then replacing the PCM. I'd double and triple check the wires and see if the rotor spins when you crank the engine with the sensor off. Hopefully it isn't the PCM and you find some short in the wiring. That's really just all based on what the service manual says, if you haven't looked at the specific resistance tests they suggest for troubleshooting P0340 in the FSM you might give that a shot.

Verify the fuel pump runs for 3-5 seconds when the ignition is switched to ON; IF not... check the fuel pump relay is clicking when when switched to ON.
Measure 12VDC across the coil terminals when ignition is switched to START the engine.
Check the operation of the ASD relay...

You don't need to check anything else if you pull the battery to reset the codes or use a scanner to reset them and then crank the engine again. If P0340 appears again it is still the issue.

Hello Folks,

I got a CEL after getting the water pump and the thermostat replaced by a mechanic last week. The code shows a P0340, but I am not noticing any symptoms of loss of power while driving or having any issues with cranking. It starts and runs fine.

This morning the CEL went away but the code P0340 still exists.

Could this be related to my recent service or this is something that has no connection?

I am a bit scared after reading the posts of people who had a P0340 on their Jeeps but could not easily remediate the issue.

Any suggestions or tips would be much appreciated.

Thank you!