P0700 error code

HILife

All right guys I’m about to LS this Jeep. For the last 5 years I’ve had random CEL’s usually a random misfire. I’ve literally changed every sensor, the coil rail, injectors, mini cats twice even the air intake sensor and still it comes back. Was gone for about 300 miles then it came back. Jeep is now in limp mode and shows code 700. Please for the love of God help me. I’m just about to give up and LS swap.

X2. You should be looking at the TCM for codes.

Caused of a P0700 code can include:
  • Open/Short in a wire
  • Low Fluid
  • Slipping transmission / spinning tires
  • Sticking/defective solenoid or valve
  • Recent battery discharge
  • Torque converter problem
  • Hydraulic system problem
First one I'd start with was checking the fluid level.

Reactions: HILife
It’s not the transmission. I’m wondering if there’s something wrong with in the pcm. There was a recall 04-06 but Chrysler says my vin doesn’t reference to it. My local shop guy said there was 20 something errors stored but he erased them without writing them down. Typical it pulls up the random misfire code but only 700 this time. Sometimes it does idle goofy but not very long.

I just ordered a bluedriver. Hear it works great. I looked at rockauto. They have a mopar pcm for $1k but how can I get the miles etc from one pcm to the other?

I just ordered a bluedriver. Hear it works great. I looked at rockauto. They have a mopar pcm for $1k but how can I get the miles etc from one pcm to the other?

You have to take the PCM to a dealer or any reputable Jeep shop and they can transfer all the stuff to the new PCM.

Beings you live in Hawaii I assume you have rust/corrosion on automobiles. I would disconnect the battery, remove the PCM plugs and visually inspect all the terminals for corrosion on the harnesss and PCM sides. After I was confident that those are clean, I would visually and physically check all my grounds.

You have to take the PCM to a dealer or any reputable Jeep shop and they can transfer all the stuff to the new PCM.
Be surprised if the dealer here could do it. Here buying off the internet is a dice roll at best. I really think it’s the pcm. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer earlier today so they can tell me what’s going on. It’s driving me crazy. I’ve seriously thought about swapping

Beings you live in Hawaii I assume you have rust/corrosion on automobiles. I would disconnect the battery, remove the PCM plugs and visually inspect all the terminals for corrosion on the harnesss and PCM sides. After I was confident that those are clean, I would visually and physically check all my grounds.
I didn’t even think of that. It’s quite possible. It’s clean under the hood but I’ve also cleaned it after playing in the mud.

I didn’t even think of that. It’s quite possible. It’s clean under the hood but I’ve also cleaned it after playing in the mud.

Fill out your profile so we know the year/options you have. It will make it easier for people to help you.

Be surprised if the dealer here could do it. Here buying off the internet is a dice roll at best. I really think it’s the pcm. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer earlier today so they can tell me what’s going on. It’s driving me crazy. I’ve seriously thought about swapping

If the dealer can't do it, B&G Performance can do it guaranteed:
http://www.bgperformance.com

I know the owner. He does this sort of thing all the time.

Who should I ask to talk with

Dave. Or if you get stuck with the operator, just ask to speak to the guy who specializes in Jeep PCM tuning, they'll connect you with the right (and only) person who does Jeep stuff.

Tell him that Chris, the owner of Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum sent you. He knows me!

Dave. Or if you get stuck with the operator, just ask to speak to the guy who specializes in Jeep PCM tuning, they'll connect you with the right (and only) person who does Jeep stuff.

Tell him that Chris, the owner of Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum sent you. He knows me!
Ok let’s see what happens. If I can bandaid this 4.0 together till I acquire all the LS swap parts that will work for me. Thanks Chris