P0888 code on a manual transmission

Hey guys,
I replaced my PCM the other week. The emissions drivers were dead.
I have a 2006 Rubicon manual trans. The code I'm getting is P0888. As far as I can find this code is for a automatic trans.
Am I wrong? Is there a fix I can do before I scream and yell at a Sales people?

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Hey guys,
I have a 2006 Rubicon manual trans. The code I'm getting is P0888. As far as I can find this code is for a automatic trans.

What was the end result of this? I'm having the same issue with my manual 05' 4.0 Sport. Wouldn't turn over just thought I ran it low on gas and had clogged fuel filter. Mechanic replaced crank and cam sensors but it still shut off after a couple of minutes. Then told me to have PCM replaced. Found flagship one online and they sent me a reprogrammed PCM. Replaced it, started right up, runs great and took it to DMV for inspection and it failed because of P0888 code. WTH? Crazy.

Hey guys,

It sounds like your Jeep’s looking for a tranny that isn’t there. Is the green plug empty or have pins?

What part of North Georgia are you in? Dalton is where I was born.

What was the end result of this? I'm having the same issue with my manual 05' 4.0 Sport. Wouldn't turn over just thought I ran it low on gas and had clogged fuel filter. Mechanic replaced crank and cam sensors but it still shut off after a couple of minutes. Then told me to have PCM replaced. Found flagship one online and they sent me a reprogrammed PCM. Replaced it, started right up, runs great and took it to DMV for inspection and it failed because of P0888 code. WTH? Crazy.

Im having same exact issue. Flagship 1 had my ecu for over a month due to i/m readiness issue. Finally got a replacement and it throws po888, po131,po 171and po172 ..! Never had these codes before just had “monitors not ready. It even sounds off as its clearly running rich.

Last edited:

Are you still getting that code? Do you have a picture of the unit? Is FS1 saying anything to you about it?

Are you still getting that code? Do you have a picture of the unit? Is FS1 saying anything to you about it?

Im having same exact issue. Flagship 1 had my ecu for over a month due to i/m readiness issue. Finally got a replacement and it throws po888, po131,po 171and po172 ..! Never had these codes before just had “monitors not ready. It even sounds off as its clearly running rich.

Hello Wranglerfix, i just installed it this weekend and did first test drive yesterday Sunday 10/30.
Yes, the code seems to only show up on scan tool with no dash light. However, the other codes did show up with a dash light. Im guessing the PO131,PO171 and PO172 are a result of the ecu calculating mapping for an automatic transmission? It sounds different with a bit of a stumbling idle. Also when i turn key to off position it appears to hesitate to actually turn off?

I have a picture of ecu cant figure out how to post? But its green port is capped off no pins.

I emailed FS1 last night. See what they say. Their CS is less than expedient…

Hello Wranglerfix, i just installed it this weekend and did first test drive yesterday Sunday 10/30.
Yes, the code seems to only show up on scan tool with no dash light. However, the other codes did show up with a dash light. Im guessing the PO131,PO171 and PO172 are a result of the ecu calculating mapping for an automatic transmission? It sounds different with a bit of a stumbling idle. Also when i turn key to off position it appears to hesitate to actually turn off?

I have a picture of ecu cant figure out how to post? But its green port is capped off no pins.

I emailed FS1 last night. See what they say. Their CS is less than expedient…

EE486BCC-B7E8-4AC7-8DB7-09DA4363DF44.jpeg

4C11E6F8-9751-49D5-8247-333F9224943D.jpeg

Did you happen to hear from FS1? If not, I should be able to help you clean up their issues.

I had to call in myself. They said that their files show it was programmed for my manual 6speed. They advised they would start an rma process again. I only asked they mail me another unit first and id mail back this one. The cs rep said she’d have to get authorization for that first because that isnt the policy.

How would you be able to help? Is there a way to force learn the ecu? From what I understand automatic vs manual has different fuel mapping requirements ie idle shifting etc?

I had to call in myself. They said that their files show it was programmed for my manual 6speed. They advised they would start an rma process again. I only asked they mail me another unit first and id mail back this one. The cs rep said she’d have to get authorization for that first because that isnt the policy.

How would you be able to help? Is there a way to force learn the ecu? From what I understand automatic vs manual has different fuel mapping requirements ie idle shifting etc?

Wranglerfix, im just following up on your last message. Do you reprogram ecm? Fs1 wants me to start the RMA process again and last time it took a month +. Will driving my jeep with the current ecu damage anything? It runs ok but i can tell it is running rich. With even a code supporting that…

Did you happen to hear from FS1? If not, I should be able to help you clean up their issues.
Wranglerfix, im just following up on your last message. Do you reprogram ecm? Fs1 wants me to start the RMA process again and last time it took a month +. Will driving my jeep with the current ecu damage anything? It runs ok but i can tell it is running rich. With even a code supporting that…

I sent you a private message that was cryptic due to trade secrets. You will not pass smog with those codes present.

Im not interested in knowing hiw its done . Just if you do it? Fs1 doesn’t have a very responsive customer service. It took a month last time when they said it would be 5 days. And i had to keep calling because they don’t respond in emails.

I just need the ecm functioning as it should so i can get my tags.

Im not interested in knowing hiw its done . Just if you do it? Fs1 doesn’t have a very responsive customer service. It took a month last time when they said it would be 5 days. And i had to keep calling because they don’t respond in emails.

I just need the ecm functioning as it should so i can get my tags.

If you check back in the Forums history of the numerous member posts concerning PCM problems; you will find that @Wranglerfix has an exemplary record in resolving PCM issues. He provides outstanding customers service and resolves problems quickly.

@86rz350 I did not hear from you...Please let me know if you still need our assistance.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello Mark, i must not be using this interface correctly. I responded asking if you reprogram ecm…

Fs1 is stalling again and not responding to my request.

What does your fix cost? What does it include(warranty etc)?