"Pacing myself" build

RIP Bella Boo. She crossed the Rainbow Bridge to join Beau.
IMG_4305 - Copy.JPG

Well, so far I'm not impressed with this TW drive shaft. First problem I had was the shaft would not budge at the splines to lengthen or shorten the ds. I even put it on a vice and could not budge it one way or the other. I decided to install it anyway. I had to beat the end with a hammer to get it to go long enough for the ujoints to make contact with the yoke. The vibes were twice as bad as the one I took off. After a miserable trip to Sac and back, I removed the ds and put my old one back on. I wasn't impressed with how it was packaged, so either it got damaged during shipping, or they did something wonky. I'll be making a call to TW tomorrow.

Well, so far I'm not impressed with this TW drive shaft. First problem I had was the shaft would not budge at the splines to lengthen or shorten the ds. I even put it on a vice and could not budge it one way or the other. I decided to install it anyway. I had to beat the end with a hammer to get it to go long enough for the ujoints to make contact with the yoke. The vibes were twice as bad as the one I took off. After a miserable trip to Sac and back, I removed the ds and put my old one back on. I wasn't impressed with how it was packaged, so either it got damaged during shipping, or they did something wonky. I'll be making a call to TW tomorrow.

That doesn't sound like fun at all. Curious to see what TW says. You got the "long spline" version, right? Forgot what they call it.

I've been driving without front ds past couple weeks and it's been enjoyable. Still have the soft top on. I'm noticing a tire vibe at ~60 that smooths out at 65. And then the Jeep is very nice to drive on the hwy. I recently rotated by tires and what used to be the spare is on the ground, so I'm thinking that's where the problem is. I'm waiting on new wheels to ship so I'm not going to anything till the hub kit goes in. Everything is delayed with covid 🤬

That sucks but I have no doubt they'll make it right. Something is definitely wrong with the splines.

Reactions: starkey480
That doesn't sound like fun at all. Curious to see what TW says. You got the "long spline" version, right? Forgot what they call it.

I've been driving without front ds past couple weeks and it's been enjoyable. Still have the soft top on. I'm noticing a tire vibe at ~60 that smooths out at 65. And then the Jeep is very nice to drive on the hwy. I recently rotated by tires and what used to be the spare is on the ground, so I'm thinking that's where the problem is. I'm waiting on new wheels to ship so I'm not going to anything till the hub kit goes in. Everything is delayed with covid 🤬
Yep, got the "X" spline, and a tick bit longer ds, plus had them triple check the balance. My guess is it got damaged in shipping. Sending it back to them today in the same box and talked to Sean. Told him if they can't find anything wrong with it to send me a refund.
Next up, I'll try lower the t-case skid 1/2" at a time and see what happens.

• Sad
Reactions: psrivats
Yep, got the "X" spline, and a tick bit longer ds, plus had them triple check the balance. My guess is it got damaged in shipping. Sending it back to them today in the same box and talked to Sean. Told him if they can't find anything wrong with it to send me a refund.
Next up, I'll try lower the t-case skid 1/2" at a time and see what happens.
Are they not sending out a replacement?
*edit - I read that as they would send a refund, not how you actually wrote it.

Last edited:
Are they not sending out a replacement?
*edit - I read that as they would send a refund, not how you actually wrote it.
I want to know what is wrong with the one they sent me, and wanted the option to just get a refund if they can't figure it out. In the mean time, my old ds is back in and is an improvement over the one TW sent me for sure. I figure while I'm waiting I'll mess with the t-case skid and see if lowering it improves the vibes. Not sure why my jeep is so sensitive. Technically, with the 1" raise on the skid and the 3" lift,+ the 1" MML, the ds should only see an operating angle of a jeep with a 3" lift. With the pinion angles set to where they shouldn't cause any vibes, I'm still at a loss why I get them. @Thunderhead, is yours still vibing?

I want to know what is wrong with the one they sent me, and wanted the option to just get a refund if they can't figure it out. In the mean time, my old ds is back in and is an improvement over the one TW sent me for sure. I figure while I'm waiting I'll mess with the t-case skid and see if lowering it improves the vibes. Not sure why my jeep is so sensitive. Technically, with the 1" raise on the skid and the 3" lift,+ the 1" MML (Motor Mount Lift), the ds should only see an operating angle of a jeep with a 3" lift. With the pinion angles set to where they shouldn't cause any vibes, I'm still at a loss why I get them. @Thunderhead, is yours still vibing?
Not as bad. I’ve adjusted my front lowers to get that angle better.
I could still use some dialing in on the rear I think.

Last edited:
I want to know what is wrong with the one they sent me, and wanted the option to just get a refund if they can't figure it out. In the mean time, my old ds is back in and is an improvement over the one TW sent me for sure. I figure while I'm waiting I'll mess with the t-case skid and see if lowering it improves the vibes. Not sure why my jeep is so sensitive. Technically, with the 1" raise on the skid and the 3" lift,+ the 1" MML (Motor Mount Lift), the ds should only see an operating angle of a jeep with a 3" lift. With the pinion angles set to where they shouldn't cause any vibes, I'm still at a loss why I get them. @Thunderhead, is yours still vibing?

:(

I wish you could install the hub kit and be done with these demon vibes.

Have you absolutely checked and confirmed that there is no tub contact with exhaust/tcase? You probably have, but I am really at a loss to see where the rear vibes are coming from in yours.

:(

I wish you could install the hub kit and be done with these demon vibes.

Have you absolutely checked and confirmed that there is no tub contact with exhaust/tcase? You probably have, but I am really at a loss to see where the rear vibes are coming from in yours.

Yep, been there. No contact anywhere with the exhaust, track bar, etc...

Reactions: psrivats and Alex01