"Pacing myself" build

I've got this exact same issue. Used the dye twice and I suspect the same, Evap unit. I'm thinking of tearing the dash apart and doing the dye to see if I can find it. Not looking like a fun job to take the dash apart that far, but summer is around the corner here in TX. If I can get to it in May, I'll let you know what I find.

My timing will be similar to yours. Might be tearing mine apart about the same time as you. June is triple digits for us, and having cold air blowing on you while on the trail is nice. You might as well replace the heater core while you're in there. That is my plan at least, but I have a lot more miles on my rig than you do, so a toss up for you me thinks.

Reactions: JMT
My timing will be similar to yours. Might be tearing mine apart about the same time as you. June is triple digits for us, and having cold air blowing on you while on the trail is nice. You might as well replace the heater core while you're in there. That is my plan at least, but I have a lot more miles on my rig than you do, so a toss up for you me thinks.
Are you just going to replace the evaporator anyway? With something like this?

https://jeepair.com/evaporators/wrangler-evaporator.html

Are you just going to replace the evaporator anyway? With something like this?

https://jeepair.com/evaporators/wrangler-evaporator.html

If the sniff test shows the leak is coming from there, yes. What is your take on the quality of those? I was going to get a Mopar unit, but they are twice the cost of the one in your link. I don't want to put a parts store quality unit in there after all that labor.

If the sniff test shows the leak is coming from there, yes. What is your take on the quality of those? I was going to get a Mopar unit, but they are twice the cost of the one in your link. I don't want to put a parts store quality unit in there after all that labor.
I need to look at them more. With most replacement parts it seems hard to mess them up. However, the rule of thumb is they will find a way.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Bit of a Q-tech snafu. Ordered a Spidy shade in the Krawler version. When I got it, it was marked as a Krawler version, but was longer, like a TJ version. So, a call to Q-tech and they sent me another one. Another week and finally got it today. 2nd one was correct. Top is off the jeep, but the weather has been sketchy past few days. Supposed to warm up tomorrow, so I'll get it on then.

Reactions: ac_ and JMT
The Krawler Spidy works perfectly for what I had in mind. It provides just a little more coverage than the TJKini and allows me to use the TJKini to enclose the back to get shade to the pup, and contain her as well. And, when I have the soft top up, I can simply remove the TJKini out back and won't have an obstructed rear view. I'm happy with it.
20180518_134634.jpg
20180518_134652.jpg

Reactions: ac_
Picked up a Brake Buddy for the toad over the weekend. Will be nice to have the little bit of added braking insurance for the long hauls, and will keep my insurance co. happy.
20180527_114956.jpg

Reactions: BendLarry and Chris