"Pacing myself" build

I'm thinking about selling my soft doors. Since I've owned them, I think I've used them maybe 3 times. I would much rather have some factory half doors, but they are so dang pricey and hard to find.
20170818_165359.jpg

Reactions: JMT and ac_
If you think you can safely ship them to me for under 50 bucks, I will take them. 85224

Not sure I'd trust UPS. I'll see what I can come up with for packaging. the plastic windows have a few scuffs on them, but other than that, they are in good shape. I can post some additional pics for you. I'm in no hurry to dump them, so if you want to wait, I'll bring them to Moab and you can grab them there.

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that it's doors on or doors off, UNLESS, I can score some factory half doors.
I love the look of half doors (and butt cracks), but I’d have to warm up to the idea of dropping so much coin on them. Besides function over form for me at this time, gotta stay focused! And I have to admit I’m really on it lately brah!

Reactions: bobthetj03
I love the look of half doors (and butt cracks), but I’d have to warm up to the idea of dropping so much coin on them. Besides function over form for me at this time, gotta stay focused! And I have to admit I’m really on it lately brah!

Half doors really do have a good function while on the trail, so I could justify it.

$

. sell it on summer time.

I don't know what that is. ??

Half doors really do have a good function while on the trail, so I could justify it.?
That makes sense. I usually wheel with kids, so it’s in/out/in/out. I just go doorless. Most parks have a place to store your doors while you wheel

Reactions: KCsTJ
That makes sense. I usually wheel with kids, so it’s in/out/in/out. I just go doorless. Most parks have a place to store your doors while you wheel

I will admit though, the soft doors do come in handy if you have to travel a distance to the trail. They stow nicely upright behind the front seats. I just don't wheel that much anymore without my home base on wheels, so I usually don't have a problem stowing the hard doors in the coach.

Reactions: JMT and ac_
I will admit though, the soft doors do come in handy if you have to travel a distance to the trail. They stow nicely upright behind the front seats. I just don't wheel that much anymore without my home base on wheels, so I usually don't have a problem stowing the hard doors in the coach.

I like the thought of it for day trips. I can take them off and store them in the back without having to worry about scratching them. I for the most part like to go doorless too, but in the summer I may drive two or more hours to get to the lake or trail or where ever. It would be nice to get up there and take the doors off and not worry about them, like I would my painted doors. Plus I imagine they will take less room. I used to run full soft doors on my YJ and my Cj's I really don't mind them. Albeit they don't look as good as the painted. I would want them for functionality only.

I like the thought of it for day trips. I can take them off and store them in the back without having to worry about scratching them. I for the most part like to go doorless too, but in the summer I may drive two or more hours to get to the lake or trail or where ever. It would be nice to get up there and take the doors off and not worry about them, like I would my painted doors. Plus I imagine they will take less room. I used to run full soft doors on my YJ and my Cj's I really don't mind them. Albeit they don't look as good as the painted. I would want them for functionality only.

Exactly! Purely functional. The latches don't work all that great. They aren't aesthetically pleasing, and they are noisy. I'm sometimes a 2-4 hour drive to where I want to explore, so if it's a day trip, they do come in handy. Hmm, you may be convincing me to hang on to them, lol!

Reactions: KCsTJ and ac_
Have fun, catch some fish and don’t break sumthin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This trail we are hitting can get sporty, so as long as I pay attention and don't try stupid lines, I should make it, hopefully, lol! If my rig can roll on 4 wheels, I can drag its broke ass back home behind my coach.