"Pacing myself" build

Didn't really think about it, but looks good so far.
What kind of SYE do you have and how long is the splined shaft that gives you some play? Just curious, and you may not know, which is fine...

What kind of SYE do you have and how long is the splined shaft that gives you some play? Just curious, and you may not know, which is fine...

I have Advanced Adapters standard SYE, and Adams DCDS. I didn't pull the DS apart to see have long the splined shaft is. This is how it sits at right height.
20170624_120117.jpg

Reactions: JMT
Just for conversation sakes mine is a Tom Woods w advance adaptors and I don't know how much actual spline I have but I have a little less than 2 inches showing. I thought that might be a lot, so I called Tom Woods and he said that was spot on, so I am happy with it. It is smooth with no vibes. Still about in the same place even after the 8.8 upgrade

I

One of my neighbors has 7 cars, including an early Bronco and a nice JK. He added on to his house (all garage space and added a 2 post lift). Everytime I walk past his place I hope I catch him in need of first aid in his front yard so I can help him, make friends, and use his lift.

See, that is what I don't get. I don't have any splines showing on mine. ???

Your fine as long as it goes in and out? If you have in and out yours is actually better because of the seal. You should have at least 2 inches in and two inches out, I believe, from that bolted in spot. But if you think about it how much does your driveline actually move in and out while driving. I mean you and I may need a little extra for articulation, but you you articulate yours all of the time and it has never come apart.

if you are worried next time you have it apart push it all of the way in and see how much you have before it bottoms. You probably don't have to pull it because you have already done articulation tests and it didn't fall apart.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Finding room for camping gear and the dogs has been a challenge, so it was time to find a solution. A jeep buddy of mine says " you need to build a jeep tub trailer". I said, "Maybe". So what does he do? He shows up at my work with his trailer full of two YJ tubs. Thanks Lowranger! Jeep tub trailer shenanigans shall begin. I'll call it "Project Frankentrailer"! I'll start a different thread for this build so stay tuned.
View attachment 11500
View attachment 11501
This is exactly what I want to do...I am having a hard time finding tubs...UGH

Reactions: bobthetj03
Here is that chance for your half doors JB! All parts including the half doors for $100.00. Sell the other parts and get your half doors for free.
With your sanding and painting skills you'll have them looking like new in no time!
Maybe someone up there closer can grab them for you before they are gone.
https://redding.craigslist.org/pts/d/jeep-tj-parts/6738374143.html

Reactions: ac_ and tomtaylz
Here is that chance for your half doors JB! All parts including the half doors for $100.00. Sell the other parts and get your half doors for free.
With your sanding and painting skills you'll have them looking like new in no time!
Maybe someone up there closer can grab them for you before they are gone.
https://redding.craigslist.org/pts/d/jeep-tj-parts/6738374143.html

That's a lot of parts for sure. Doors are definitely rough, but salvageable. Might see if @Thunderhead is close to this guy.