"Pacing myself" build

You sure do like spending my money LR!
Hey by the way, did you ever put a dome light fuse cut off switch in yet? After we talked about it, and me constantly pulling my doors off, I am going to do that too. Fumbling around with the fuse sucks, and unnecessary.

Hey by the way, did you ever put a dome light fuse cut off switch in yet? After we talked about it, and me constantly pulling my doors off, I am going to do that too. Fumbling around with the fuse sucks, and unnecessary.

Nope, never got around to it. Let me know how you do it and what is required.

Reactions: ac_
Ok I got bore and ordered the stuff I think I will need for this task. I will take pictures and write it up if it all works out as planned.

The easiest way to do it. In my opinion.

Find the feed wire into the fuse-block and add the switch on that wire. Just be sure to add a fuse before the switch. That way you protect the switch when it is in the off mode.
Hopefully i made sense.

The easiest way to do it. In my opinion.

Find the feed wire into the fuse-block and add the switch on that wire. Just be sure to add a fuse before the switch. That way you protect the switch when it is in the off mode.
Hopefully i made sense.
Basically, my plan is to use a mini fuse adapter tool and wire a 10a fuse in line to the switch, and another wire back to the tool from the switch. My original thought was to blow a fuse, and solder directly to it, but I think the tool will make it look more professional. My only wonder is where I want to hide my switch? I am thinking I may try and find a place behind the glove box, but that is one of the things I don't like about pulling the fuse, so I may put it in my center console, so if I forget I can catch it rather easily.

Another option is somewhere by the headlights so I can keep all of my dome light switches close to the same place.

Basically, my plan is to use a mini fuse adapter tool and wire a 10a fuse in line to the switch, and another wire back to the tool from the switch. My original thought was to blow a fuse, and solder directly to it, but I think the tool will make it look more professional. My only wonder is where I want to hide my switch? I am thinking I may try and find a place behind the glove box, but that is one of the things I don't like about pulling the fuse, so I may put it in my center console, so if I forget I can catch it rather easily.

You could mount it on the bottom of the dash under the glove box lid, like the one Qtech sells.

You could mount it on the bottom of the dash under the glove box lid, like the one Qtech sells.
Ah shit I didn't know that was a thing. That is what I was originally going to do solder to blades like they did, Ha. That is pretty cool, you should just do that. Mine might be slightly cheaper but much more work. This looks like a plug and play. Also gets good reviews. Ah Hell I may even do that myself. that is discrete and pretty nice looking. Fair price other than I don't know how to get free shipping because i don't buy much from them.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Ah shit I didn't know that was a thing. That is what I was originally going to do solder to blades like they did, Ha. That is pretty cool, you should just do that. Mine might be slightly cheaper but much more work. This looks like a plug and play. Also gets good reviews. Ah Hell I may even do that myself. that is discrete and pretty nice looking. Fair price other than I don't know how to get free shipping because i don't buy much from them.

I'm sure you could think of something else to buy from them to meet free shipping. Lol!

I'm sure you could think of something else to buy from them to meet free shipping. Lol!
I just found an article on a cleaner way to do it. I am not the type of guy that usually hacks into the main harness if I can help it, but in this case it doesn't look like a bad option. Basically hiding behind the fuse box and cutting into the ground wire. If pulling the fuse box is actually as easy as this guy says.

https://www.swbcrawler.com/2015/04/28/tj-lj-door-switch-defeat-hack/

I am not sure I like the switch in the glove box like they did but I do like what qtech did with theres so a combo of both sites might be good. Not like I couldn't just throw the tool I just ordered in the tool box.

I am leaning towards just getting the qtech option. It is actually pretty cool. Maybe my Jeep could use one less hole dilled in it.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Did it almost take a finger off?

More than once. I went over 5 years without one and now that I have grand kids, I need to make it an option. Also, it seems to quiet down road noise some when I have nothing back there.

Been kind of lazy over here. Not much going on. Sitting on a few parts waiting for some time to get them installed.
DSCN0810.JPG

The yokes you see there are the last of the shoot from the hip guesses for solving my vibes problem. Doubtful they will change anything, but I have to rule them out.
a comment was made a while back on one of our local runs while I was doing a poser shot,
DSCN0747.JPG

Something along the lines of this, "Hey, looks like you could lose some bump stop there. You have some clearance."
Later on that evening I got thinking about it, and realized I have more clearance because my tires are down to 7/32" of tread remaining. I've lost 1/2" of tire diameter. Basically, my 33's are 32's right now.

Been kind of lazy over here. Not much going on. Sitting on a few parts waiting for some time to get them installed.
View attachment 68359
The yokes you see there are the last of the shoot from the hip guesses for solving my vibes problem. Doubtful they will change anything, but I have to rule them out.
a comment was made a while back on one of our local runs while I was doing a poser shot,
View attachment 68360
Something along the lines of this, "Hey, looks like you could lose some bump stop there. You have some clearance."
Later on that evening I got thinking about it, and realized I have more clearance because my tires are down to 7/32" of tread remaining. I've lost 1/2" of tire diameter. Basically, my 33's are 32's right now.

You keep talking about smaller tires. Seems you’re getting your wish!

View attachment 68359
View attachment 68360
Sounds like they will be bald by the time you flat tow it to moab.