"Pacing myself" build

So it’s only raised your tranny 3/4” according to the description that shouldn’t be enough to cause vibes

It goes way back beyond that. My vibes started 2.5 years ago when I re-geared, with no other changes made except changing a rear axle bearing/seal while I had it apart. This was before SYE's adjustable arms, DCDS's, pinion angle changes, etc. Many more that I care not to mention. I have a thread on it.

Reactions: DrDmoney
It goes way back beyond that. My vibes started 2.5 years ago when I re-geared, with no other changes made except changing a rear axle bearing/seal while I had it apart. This was before SYE's adjustable arms, DCDS's, pinion angle changes, etc. Many more that I care not to mention. I have a thread on it.
Maybe Your Jeep is telling you it wants 4:88’s

Watch out @bobthetj03. you're going to find your jeep on blocks soon!!! 😝

@psdtime Click his name and check out his "what mods do you have" section. Everything is in there.
Thanks for the tip. I was looking for where the mods section was and I couldn't find it yesterday. Seeing that his wheels are discontinued, and we are both in Norcal, I guess all I need now is some good blocks. ;).

there’s a lot of science behind vibrations and frequency. I’m sure you read all the theories, I found this interesting;

https://www.drivelinesnw.com/part-trouble-shooting/

Oh believe me, I've read countless articles, threads, etc. concerning the harmonics. Part of the reason for changing the t-case skid stems from that. It was an effort to change the thickness and composition of the skid in an order to change the frequency. It did help, btw. For whatever reason, my TJ seems to be extra sensitive to ujoint operating angles. My lift height is mild. My tuck is mild. I've done SYE, adjustable arms, new bushings, multiple drive shafts, new yokes, pinion angle changes up the wazzuu! All of these changes have netted gains, but not cured the problem. Oh, and I've had the front diff re-geared a second time just for shits-n-giggles. That was a $900 experiment that netted zero improvement.

• Wow
I know you have had enough suggestions already, but have you swapped front driveshafts with someone who doesn’t have vibes?

So your saying you could have been half way to 4:88’s already since you’ve regeared 1.5 times lol.

Or, half way back to 4.10's to slow this shit down!

I know you have had enough suggestions already, but have you swapped front driveshafts with someone who doesn’t have vibes?

No, but I've been thru one rebuilt/tubed/balanced stock shaft and 2 different brand new Adams ds's. The 2nd Adams ds I shipped to Tom Woods for him to have a go at it, so technically, 4 drive shafts.

• Wow
Or, half way back to 4.10's to slow this shit down!

No, but I've been thru one rebuilt/tubed/balanced stock shaft and 2 different brand new Adams ds's. The 2nd Adams ds I shipped to Tom Woods for him to have a go at it, so technically, 4 drive shafts.
Maybe you should name your Jeep “ Little Buddy” it’s kinda like that Gilligans Island episode where his tooth is a radio.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1230840/

Reactions: bobthetj03
It's good enough now that I can live with it while the hard top is off. A HP30 would have been a better option if I knew what I know now. More pinion angle adjustability would have been nice.

Wow I read @psrivats thread, it’s crazy how some vibe for seemingly no reason. Has either one of you tried filling your DS with foam?

I did not try that. I still don't understand why in some Jeeps the problem goes away without the front DS. I keep thinking about it on and off. I was very drained by the ordeal that this summer I decided no major mods and to just enjoy driving the Jeep.