"Pacing myself" build

Been a little hectic here. My granddaughter was born Saturday morning. Wife drove to Sac to help with the grandsons. Power was shut off Saturday night and is still out. Crazy wind event today, so what do I do? I drive the jeep to Sac town to see the fresh critter only to battle crazy wind speeds and drove thru a portion o SR5 that was on fire! It was crazy! Home safe now rocking my generator.
20191027_143058.jpg

We haven't lost power but yesterday was crazy. Fire accross the water at the carquinez bridge off 80, 50 acre brush fire in our town (not close enough for concern), and a tree fell at the farmers market downtown on 9 people with 6 receiving moderate/minor injuries. ( worst was a broken ankle I believe)

Hopefully today is better....

We haven't lost power but yesterday was crazy. Fire accross the water at the carquinez bridge off 80, 50 acre brush fire in our town (not close enough for concern), and a tree fell at the farmers market downtown on 9 people with 6 receiving moderate/minor injuries. ( worst was a broken ankle I believe)

Hopefully today is better....
That fire in Vallejo at the bridge was unreal

Reactions: tomtaylz
That fire in Vallejo at the bridge was unreal
No kidding. The photos looked insane. we saw a decent amount of smoke but didn't see the fire.

On a good note my work has a power outage today so it's a free day off. Unfortunately though, our 2 year old is sick so I get to stay home and nurse her cold instead of catch up on projects.

No kidding. The photos looked insane. we saw a decent amount of smoke but didn't see the fire.

On a good note my work has a power outage today so it's a free day off. Unfortunately though, our 2 year old is sick so I get to stay home and nurse her cold instead of catch up on projects.
its a good day to stay inside anyway with the poor air quality.

Reactions: Alex01
Epic fail by UPS today! The long tie rod showed up and looked like the UPS driver dragged it behind the truck for 10 miles. The box was trashed and the hardware kit/boot was missing. I refused it and did the Amazon return thingy. Next one to show up Friday.

UPS..... 1

Moog DS1312..... 0

This same thing happened to me. Apparently its an amazon warehouse problem or something. Checked the reviews after the fact and it is constantly complained about. I reached out to MOOG and they seemed to be completely unaware it was a thing. Customer service was great though and the guy at MOOG had the boot and zerk baggy in the mail and at my door within a few days. I've had hit and miss luck when it comes to ordering car parts on amazon.

Congrats on the new grandbaby!

Reactions: bobthetj03
Not much going on with the jeep cept driving to work and back lately. I did manage to upgrade the headlight wiring harness with a kit from K-Suspension for $25. The ceramic plugs alone made it worth the expense. The kit was simple to install and the lengths were perfect. I mounted the 2 relays on the front side of the distribution panel under the hood. I haven't had a chance to really drive in the dark yet to see if it makes a difference, but at least now I can bump up to higher wattage bulbs if I so desire.

https://www.ksuspensionfab.com/store/p6/H4_Upgraded_Headlight_Harness.html

Not much going on with the jeep cept driving to work and back lately. I did manage to upgrade the headlight wiring harness with a kit from K-Suspension for $25. The ceramic plugs alone made it worth the expense. The kit was simple to install and the lengths were perfect. I mounted the 2 relays on the front side of the distribution panel under the hood. I haven't had a chance to really drive in the dark yet to see if it makes a difference, but at least now I can bump up to higher wattage bulbs if I so desire.

https://www.ksuspensionfab.com/store/p6/H4_Upgraded_Headlight_Harness.html
You should notice a dramatic difference. I did a relay upgrade (I built the harness myself) and installed H4 housings with 130% bulbs. HUGE difference in output. I won't drive another vehicle with "standard" halogen lights at night again. It will be the first upgrade to my motorhome (A 1978 with sealed beam, 7" round lights) that I do.

Reactions: JMT and psrivats
You should notice a dramatic difference. I did a relay upgrade (I built the harness myself) and installed H4 housings with 130% bulbs. HUGE difference in output. I won't drive another vehicle with "standard" halogen lights at night again. It will be the first upgrade to my motorhome (A 1978 with sealed beam, 7" round lights) that I do.

Can't wait to see the next chapter on your RV build! My RV is a 2011, and I never thought I'd have to do the stuff I've had to do so far just to keep this POS rolling! They just don't build them like they used to, so I think you made the right choice on an older, more well built unit.

+1 to this. The difference is pretty startling.

I bought and installed Daniel Stern's upgrade (cibie housings + new lamps + harness) and the first time I turned my headlights on just to see how much I needed to correct the aiming, I was really startled at the difference. I was running cheap halogens on stock wiring before, so not sealed beams but even so the difference was pretty great in a good way.

Make sure to spend the time to get your headlights aimed as best as you can. It adds to the difference as well.

Can't wait to see the next chapter on your RV build! My RV is a 2011, and I never thought I'd have to do the stuff I've had to do so far just to keep this POS rolling! They just don't build them like they used to, so I think you made the right choice on an older, more well built unit.
Not to thread Jack, but the RV is coming along. It's a bit intimidating though, when I think of the scope of work I took on. It's like having a classic car AND an old house to get "right."

Engine should be back together this weekend. My builder finished the heads yesterday, which was the last piece I am waiting on.