"Pacing myself" build

That was my plan. Disco, droop one side on the lift and pray.
If you're real close you could also pre-squish them a bit in a vice and add a zip tie or two so they hold the shape. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Well, these sure got here quick!
20191125_120100.jpg

Reactions: Alex01 and Vasq
Yeah, that's why I only got 2. Going to experiment with the front first. They are a bit stiffer than the factory jounces. From the looks of them I should be able to remove one lower puck and be able to distribute the bump stop duties between these jounces and the one remaining lower puck, kind of like how Currie does with their bump stop kit.

Well, small change of plans. Put the jeep on the lift after work tonight to change out the jounces and reconfigure my bump stops. No way I was going to get the jounces out of the front without removing the springs, so I looked to the rear and realized I had better luck going that direction with my time restraints. I'll report more tomorrow when I can check bump.

These jounces are going to work out just fine for the rear. They have 1.25" of hard bump built into the jounce. The remaining cushion part of the jounce compresses enough to give me another .050" of hard bump. Still have over an inch of shock piston showing at full bump, and tons of clearance where the TB bracket is in relation to the bottom of the tub. IMO these jounces are perfect for a 2.5'-3" lift. I immediately notice an improvement in ride quality on the trip home last night and again on this morning's commute. I'll be ordering another pair for the front next flash sale they have. The front will be a little trickier cause as it sits now I only have 0.50" of shock piston at full stuff, and that is with 2" hard bump stops. I'm thinking those jounces with a 0.25" lower bump should do it.
20191205_102352.jpg
20191205_102414.jpg

The new rear bumps worked out fine on our Xmas Tree/snow run. I could definitely feel the fronts hitting hard on the jounces as the rears were softer as they came into contact with the road events. As a result of last year's fires, the FSR's were tore up pretty bad, but nothing technical. The weather was insane, but we still had a good turn out of 11 rigs.
20191207_133153.jpg

Reactions: Indy and JMT
Mine didn't have an ashtray holder, just a blank spot. I mounted an external speaker for my CB over the coin holder.
ahh okay I didn't realize some came without. If only i could fab up an ashtray delete :unsure: