"Pacing myself" build

Could the RV tow a trailer? I'd hate to see the gears went to shit because they didn't get broken-in correctly.

Could the RV tow a trailer? I'd hate to see the gears went to shit because they didn't get broken-in correctly.

It could no problem, but it's not setup with a brake controller for the trailer. I talked to the shop about this, because it was a concern of mine as well. He will be doing some initial break in, and since I'm staying the night, I can drive it around a bunch before I hook up and head home. Mostly, he wants me to stop half way home for a cool down, then finish the trip. I'll stop in Williams and take a break. Plus I'll be flat towing, so it won't be under load.

Reactions: Alex01
It could no problem, but it's not setup with a brake controller for the trailer. I talked to the shop about this, because it was a concern of mine as well. He will be doing some initial break in, and since I'm staying the night, I can drive it around a bunch before I hook up and head home. Mostly, he wants me to stop half way home for a cool down, then finish the trip. I'll stop in Williams and take a break. Plus I'll be flat towing, so it won't be under load.
You could always making it into a camping trip! Spread the journey out by a few nice nights under the stars :)

I'll do whatever the shop wants me to do, cause it'll be on them if something goes south.
Makes sense. In all honesty, I put 30 miles on my gears before driving it to wheel with you guys at cow mt. and they survived just fine.

Makes sense. In all honesty, I put 30 miles on my gears before driving it to wheel with you guys at cow mt. and they survived just fine.

I'm not super worried about it. I can easily put 100+ miles on it driving around the concrete jungle before heading home, plus whatever mileage the shop puts on them.

When you solve this , you won't have any doubt. I have been living with a vibe for a year and half , a front drive shaft balance got 90 percent of it , so I traded shafts with my 06 I'm selling ...no vibes whatsoever. You get so used to them , you don't realize how it can feel otherwise. You will be elated , so press on.

It is worth it once you fix it.

I actually had read so many threads , I became intimidated to chase it and put it on the back burner . Don't . It will increase your enjoyment a lot ...makes it seem like everything works better.

Specs on 06? I'm aware it is an auto with a salvage title, but what are the other details?
Real Rubicon ,No rust , 88,000 miles , non molested , 3" zone lift , 12.5 x 15" x 33 " Cooper SST pro tire with 8000 miles , factory spare with cover, hard doors , everything serviced front to back, new cats, Bartacts in front , no codes , Bestop Trektop NX ,front seats on 1" spacers , new sway bar bushings ball around , winch , stinger in front , insulation on floor from back seat forward , rubber floor system , lights on pillars and small bar on stinger. $ 12,000 , 11,500 to a member , wasn't hit, was stolen , Vin removed created the title . Oddly the shaft I put in front from my 03, doesn't vibrate in it , so that worked out well. Not sure the gears , but it pulls great.

Reactions: Alex01 and zebra12
My bad; I'll buy y'all beers at Block 15 or Sky High in Corvallis when we have a meet up in the Willamette Valley.

I watch this thread like the stock market, I'm hoping for a soon discovered, positive outcome, but I'm disappointed when I see there has not been a lightening fast correction.

Last edited: