"Pacing myself" build

My bad; I'll buy y'all beers at Block 15 or Sky High in Corvallis when we have a meet up in the Willamette Valley.

I watch this thread like the stock market, I'm hoping for a positive outcome, but I think I am unrealistic in the correction table table.
I’ll be there for that! Our Oregon brewing is superior to the surfers down south :)

Reactions: psrivats
Wasn't expecting these for another week.
20200323_144259.jpg

The rest of my AC parts arrived today. The evaporator looks ok, but I don't have a warm, fuzzy feeling about the quality of the heater core. Plastic? Really?
20200324_144357.jpg
20200324_144408.jpg
20200324_144419.jpg

Isn’t the OEM radiator plastic? I understand the concern but it could be fine in this application

True. If the factory one is plastic I'll consider using the new one. There's nothing wrong with the factory heater core now, just figured with 176K on the clock and 17 years old it would be a good idea to replace it while I'm in there. The factory Mopar core has a copper core, and the aftermarket one is aluminum.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
Ok, think I'll tackle this project tomorrow. I think I have everything I need. I'm hoping I can re-use the foam surrounding the cores and glue them on the new ones. Got a full set of orings to replace the ones on the lines, a new reciever/dryer, and the disconnect tool for the lines at the evaporator, and some PAG oil to lube the orings. Been reading threads on this and watched a couple youtube vids, so I'll just take my time and hope I don't break anything, lol!

How's the install going?

Finished about 7PM. Took me 7hrs. Horrible, horrible job. I hope I never have to do that again! @MountaineerTom 's writeup was very helpful. I followed most of what he did, except I removed the shifter just to get it out of the way. I should have followed the advise of removing the door ajar switches as I broke the passenger side one when I pulled the dash. If you had a helper to hold one side, that probably wouldn't be an issue. I was solo.

Finished about 7PM. Took me 7hrs. Horrible, horrible job. I hope I never have to do that again! @MountaineerTom 's writeup was very helpful. I followed most of what he did, except I removed the shifter just to get it out of the way. I should have followed the advise of removing the door ajar switches as I broke the passenger side one when I pulled the dash. If you had a helper to hold one side, that probably wouldn't be an issue. I was solo.
Hopefully, you get another 17 years out of the next one.

Did you end up installing the new heater core as well?

Just fear it's a compromise in order to use my current carrier. Maybe a balance issue. It's all in my head at this point, so my decision not to use a thick cut gear is fear based, that's all. The Traclok works fine and all, but the clutches wear, whereas the TT is a one and done deal that I don't have to worry about.
Who manufacuress the gear set that is in it?

Any thoughts on going back to something made in the USA, like a Dana gear set for your Dana axle housing?

It was a good feeling to get it all back together and everything worked, well except the passenger door jamb switch. I'll get a new one next week. The bad news, I didn't see any evidence of leaks on the evaporator core, so I'm hoping this wasn't all for not. I replaced all the AC line orings, gaskets, and new reciever/dryer. @Alex01 , I also replaced the heater core.
I'll take it to the local AC shop soon to get the system flushed, charged, and pressure tested. Wish me luck!

Who manufacuress the gear set that is in it?

Any thoughts on going back to something made in the USA, like a Dana gear set for your Dana axle housing?

The gear set is a thick cut Motive set. The clutch pack for the Traclok is Yukon. A Spicer gear set would be a good idea, but I'm taking it to a shop this go around and letting them put whatever they recommend in there. That way it'll be on them.

It was a good feeling to get it all back together and everything worked, well except the passenger door jamb switch. I'll get a new one next week. The bad news, I didn't see any evidence of leaks on the evaporator core, so I'm hoping this wasn't all for not. I replaced all the AC line orings, gaskets, and new reciever/dryer. @Alex01 , I also replaced the heater core.
I'll take it to the local AC shop soon to get the system flushed, charged, and pressure tested. Wish me luck!
Good Luck!!