"Pacing myself" build

Been kind of lazy over here. Not much going on. Sitting on a few parts waiting for some time to get them installed.
View attachment 68359
The yokes you see there are the last of the shoot from the hip guesses for solving my vibes problem. Doubtful they will change anything, but I have to rule them out.
a comment was made a while back on one of our local runs while I was doing a poser shot,
View attachment 68360
Something along the lines of this, "Hey, looks like you could lose some bump stop there. You have some clearance."
Later on that evening I got thinking about it, and realized I have more clearance because my tires are down to 7/32" of tread remaining. I've lost 1/2" of tire diameter. Basically, my 33's are 32's right now.
Sounds like a good excuse to get new tires!

Yep, soon hopefully. If I can get these ones down to 5/32" I can justify it to the boss. 4 wheel burn out anyone? Shoot! No lockers.
FYI, as you suggested concerning MT's, I don't think my Coopers will last more than 2 years. I'm at 17, 15, 15 and 13 after one year. I better watch my tire pressure more carefully. I'll be itching to buy some new one's by Jan 2020, maybe go with the Mickey Thomson Baja's, though I love the Cooper's. All that to say, what tires are you going to get?

Yep, soon hopefully. If I can get these ones down to 5/32" I can justify it to the boss. 4 wheel burn out anyone? Shoot! No lockers.
I hate when I get a nail in the sidewall. Really sucks that they wont patch those. ;)

Reactions: IPerkWVU
Are you going to stay with 33"?

Don't have a whole lot of choice, now with the re-gear. I'd have to change too many things to go 35's, and quite frankly, I have no desire to run bigger tires. My wife has a hard enough time getting in the jeep as it is. I lift it more, and I'll be riding solo.

Reactions: Daryl, JMT and ac_
Don't have a whole lot of choice, now with the re-gear. I'd have to change too many things to go 35's, and quite frankly, I have no desire to run bigger tires. My wife has a hard enough time getting in the jeep as it is. I lift it more, and I'll be riding solo.

You're in good company

Reactions: JMT
I wasn't thinking about "higher"...... I was thinking you might drop back down to 32s or something.

The yokes you see there are the last of the shoot from the hip guesses for solving my vibes problem.

Get these installed. I want to hear about a happy ending to this never ending story. If this doesn't work then you may need to swap to an atlas 2/4 speed since the issue must be in the T-case seeing how you have replaced just about everything.

Could the axle bearing / hub be bad?

Reactions: ac_
Get these installed. I want to hear about a happy ending to this never ending story. If this doesn't work then you may need to swap to an atlas 2/4 speed since the issue must be in the T-case seeing how you have replaced just about everything.

Could the axle bearing / hub be bad?
+1

Anything is possible at this point. I did replace the right rear axle bearing/seal when I re-geared, so......

A few burnouts, gotta get down to 5/32. But a better idea is to sell them now while they still have some tread, get $150-200 out of them, then you already have a tire paid for. I always sell mine early. Then no disposal fees either.

I've never had good luck selling used tires where I live. I need to save up for them anyways, so it's not like I can order new ones tomorrow.