"Pacing myself" build

A jeep that doesn't feel like it's entering the earth's atmosphere? What about your vibes?

I wouldn't know haha. I've yet to take it up to highway speeds. I've got it apart right now installing the rear Antirock, and now the radiator is out, as well as the grille. I'm preparing for the supercharger and putting in the Griffin aluminum radiator and Spal electric fan.

I wouldn't know haha. I've yet to take it up to highway speeds. I've got it apart right now installing the rear Antirock, and now the radiator is out, as well as the grille. I'm preparing for the supercharger and putting in the Griffin aluminum radiator and Spal electric fan.

You’re a crazy person.

Once you get your Jeep “done” I really hope you DD that sob with all the coin you got in it

Reactions: Chris
So, my next project will be replacing the rear diff yoke. I purchased a HD Spicer yoke with u-bolts just like I did for the front diff. I will pull the rear wheels, calipers, and rotors so I have no resistance, then get the rotating torque of the pinion with my lb.in. torque wrench. Zip the yoke nut off with the impact, remove the old yoke, smear some grease on the new yoke shaft where the seal rides, then hand tighten the new yoke with a new nut while measuring rotational torque. when I get it to the previous value, I'll go an additional 5 lb.in. more and call it good. Does this sound about the right way to do it? @Rob5589? Edit: it's a Dana 44.

Have you installed the parts yet?

In a continuing search for better storage solutions, I picked up this Bestop roll bar storage bag. I was able to take my entire recovery bag of stuff and transfer it to this bag with room to spare. so far I'm liking it. It's out of the way for when the pup rides along and does't block my rear view much at all. It's got 35lbs. of recovery gear in it so we shall see how well it holds up and may get another one for the other side.
DSCN0860.JPG

My old bag,
DSCN0861.JPG

In a continuing search for better storage solutions, I picked up this Bestop roll bar storage bag. I was able to take my entire recovery bag of stuff and transfer it to this bag with room to spare. so far I'm liking it. It's out of the way for when the pup rides along and does't block my rear view much at all. It's got 35lbs. of recovery gear in it so we shall see how well it holds up and may get another one for the other side.
View attachment 71805
My old bag,
View attachment 71806
Your old bag is my current one lol. The new one is really nice I may have to pick up a pair of those. One for tools and one for recovery gear. I bet it will clear the soft top if you loosen up the straps then tighten it back up once its fully disassembled.

Since your in the mood for installing parts on the jeep go change out the yokes.

Reactions: tomtaylz
I had a Napa Auto gift card burning a hole, so I decided to change up my fog lights, again. I never did like the look of the cubes up front, but they were free, and way brighter than the factory fogs, so I ran them. I prefer the round look. Just seem more "Jeep" like. So, I picked up these ECCO's to give a whirl. I needed to keep them small due to where I have them mounted, so the 4" versions seem to fit the bill.
DSCN0879.JPG

The stud mount was a bit larger, so I had to drill out the mount hole on my fairlead. I think they will look better once I get them both installed, lol!
DSCN0880.JPG

I'm going to re-purpose the cubes for back up lights. Olympic was kind enough to pre-stamp holes in the top of my bumper. Their intended use was for mounting Olympic's redonkulous tire carrier. I found a much better use for them.
DSCN0882.JPG

DSCN0881.JPG

I even have this nifty light switch to use for a clean install. Just need to run the wiring.
DSCN0883.JPG

These cubes can't draw more than 2 amps me thinks, so do you think I really need to run them thru a relay? Would a fuse close to the power source be sufficient?

I am watching wheeler dealers on my dvr and they started talking about harmonic vibrations. The new mechanic said they could be caused by the harmonic balancer on the crankshaft. Instantly I thought of your issue.

Figured it was worth passing on.

Also, I like the bottle opener. My mother in law gave me an old one her father used to use way back when a few weeks ago. I told her I was going to mount it on the bumper. I guess great minds think alike.

That bag, or one like it, was on my Christmas list. It’s still there. What’s your report on it? Is it quiet going down the road? Does it stay put?