Panel LPS fuse 12 no power

I've got a 97 TJ and I've got no gauges, no radio, no dome light. I've checked power to fuse box under hood and all have power. The fuses in the glove box all have power except Panel LPS fuse #12. What should I do next? As far as I can see all the wires look fine. I've spent time cleaning as many grounds as I could find. I'm at a loss. Please help!!!
Thanks in advance.

Let’s break this down into tiny steps. Did all this occur at the same time or was is a progression? Give us as much detail as you can. Also post any pertinent pictures you feel will help us help you.

Reactions: Chris
Originally, I was having fuel pump issues with it always running and not shutting off. I would have to pull the relay or the battery or else I was jumping it...
So I dropped the tank and cleaned it up. Plugged it back in and magically worked. I assumed it was a bad connection.
Couple weeks later I hit a bump and the dash gauges, radio, dome stopped working. Still ran fine just no gauges. Kinda comes and goes. Seems no rhyme or reason on when it will work but it did seem like the bump caused it.
So off and on for a couple weeks and now it seems it won't come back on.
Thinking it's a bad ground I've taken the dash apart and cleaned up as many grounds i could find. Cleaned grounds in engine block and by alternator.
Checked all fuses with a meter and all have power except the "Panel LPS". Its totally dead.

Remove your gauge cluster and clean the contacts on the cluster connections. Post pictures of the back of your gauge cluster & plugs if you want an opinion on what you see.

Here's a few shots of the back of the cluster.

20200528_183300.jpg

20200528_183307.jpg

20200528_183316.jpg

20200528_183322.jpg

Appears that you have a windshield or windshield frame leak from the staining on the cardboard. Also a lot of dust, which is expected because it’s a Jeep. Use some electrical contact cleaner on the contacts. Install & uninstall the cluster several times to self-clean the contacts. Make sure the plugs seat well. Then on the final install, fire it up and see what happens.

Reactions: emtchrisbishop
While you have the cluster removed check for power at pin 3 on connector 2 with the light switch on. Download your service manual for Jeep.
37B82348-501F-4BC9-AA8D-66488AEC8C15.png

Thanks Daryl. I'm gonna grab a bottle of cleaner tomorrow and clean them. I'll be sure to check that pin.
I do remember one time I turned the headlight switch to turn on the dome light and that popped the dash gauges and radio once. Never tried it again...lol

Thanks Daryl. I'm gonna grab a bottle of cleaner tomorrow and clean them. I'll be sure to check that pin.
I do remember one time I turned the headlight switch to turn on the dome light and that popped the dash gauges and radio once. Never tried it again...lol
What do mean by “popped”?

Appears that you have a windshield or windshield frame leak from the staining on the cardboard. Also a lot of dust, which is expected because it’s a Jeep. Use some electrical contact cleaner on the contacts. Install & uninstall the cluster several times to self-clean the contacts. Make sure the plugs seat well. Then on the final install, fire it up and see what happens.

Well I got the cluster cleaned and put in and out a few times. Started up but no gauges/radio/dome/under hood light still.