Part numbers and resources for constant tension hose clamps

I know this is an old post, does anyone know if the "47" listed for the clamp for lower radiator hose (at the radiator, not the water-pump) is referencing the "MM"? I'm about to order from Clips and Fasteners and want to be sure I'm getting the right size.

thanks in advance!

I believe the number of the clamp is the nominal diameter in millimeters.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
I've compiled a list of part numbers for the constant tension hose clamps for our TJ / LJ cooling system over the last couple of years. Due to various reasons, my Jeep now has worm gear clamps on it and at this time of year when the temps get cooler, I start getting leaks at the ends of some hoses, requiring a little tightening of the clamps. I'm going to be overhauling my cooling system sometime soon, so I thought I'd post up these part numbers and some links. Thanks to @Jerry Bransford for providing a link to Clips and Fasteners on a similar thread on another website.

When I bought my '06 in 2016, this is what it had on the hoses (the number stamped into one of the end tabs). I plan to put these same sizes back on. I don't know if these are exactly the ones put on at the factory, but it's what was on mine.

42 on upper radiator inlet
47 on thermostat housing
55 on water pump
47 on lower radiator outlet
24 (both ends) on the smaller heater hose
27 (both ends) on the bigger heater hose

I ordered these from MOPAR Parts Overstock:
04401438 - stamped 44
04592176 is stamped 47
55037990AA - stamped 50
55037660AA - stamped 55

View attachment 123079

View attachment 123080

View attachment 123081

View attachment 123078

View attachment 123077

View attachment 123076

—————

Jerry provided a link for the clamp stamped 42. They come in a box of 5.

42 clamp at Clips and Fasteners

View attachment 123083

—————

This site has the 24 and 27 clamps for the heater hoses as well as the 42 and 50 sizes, but they are in boxes of 10.

Zoro 24 hose clamp

Zoro 27 hose clamp

Another option for the heater core hose clamps are to order these hoses from Amazon. Both of mine came with the hose clamps already on the hoses.

Mopar 5503 8128AC, HVAC Heater Hose

Mopar 5503 8223AD, HVAC Heater Hose

—————

There was a MOPAR part number of 52005580 for the 42 clamp. I ordered one and it appears it has be replaced with 55037990AA and had 50 stamped on the tab. There were two per package.

View attachment 123084

Will this work on the ‘99 4.0? On mopar it tries to say that part number for the water pump doesn’t fit and directs me to a different one. Also it shows no part number on mopar for the lower radiator outlet either. Just want to see if anyone has used these on a ‘99 so I can buy once and be good to go.

Will this work on the ‘99 4.0? On mopar it tries to say that part number for the water pump doesn’t fit and directs me to a different one. Also it shows no part number on mopar for the lower radiator outlet either. Just want to see if anyone has used these on a ‘99 so I can buy once and be good to go.

For some reason the Mopar parts books only show one part number for all 4 of the larger clamps. Mopar Parts Giant also said it wouldn't fit on my 2000 4.0 water pump but it did. Anyway I ordered all the part numbers per the original post and everything fit fine on my 2000. Since your 99 takes the same water pump I don't see why it won't fit.

P
For some reason the Mopar parts books only show one part number for all 4 of the larger clamps. Mopar Parts Giant also said it wouldn't fit on my 2000 4.0 water pump but it did. Anyway I ordered all the part numbers per the original post and everything fit fine on my 2000. Since your 99 takes the same water pump I don't see why it won't fit.

Perfect! On that note is the thermostat and radiator the same as on your 2000?

If so I’m going to do all 4 while I’m in there.

I need to get the emergency worm drive clamp off my lower radiator hose and put back the proper clamp, But as my luck would have it my broken clamp is not marked like others earlier in this thread. I don't want to drop the hose and have the wrong clamp hence my asking for expert help.

Lower Radiator Hose Clamp.jpg

Got the clamps in, the #42 clamp that's supposed to go on the upper radiator inlet won't work with a #50 clamp that Mopar has replaced it with. I tried it on my jeep (1997 2.5L wrangler) and it just slides over the hose. You're going to have to find a smaller one as mentioned before. I did find another source for the #42, but you have to buy five of them:

https://www.amazon.com/DBG-Ventures-CONSTANT-TENSION-37-2MM-44-5MM/dp/B08BWYWFY2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

The great news is that all the other clamps in the first pose work great with the exception of the #50.

Got the clamps in, the #42 clamp that's supposed to go on the upper radiator inlet won't work with a #50 clamp that Mopar has replaced it with. I tried it on my jeep (1997 2.5L wrangler) and it just slides over the hose. You're going to have to find a smaller one as mentioned before. I did find another source for the #42, but you have to buy five of them:

https://www.amazon.com/DBG-Ventures-CONSTANT-TENSION-37-2MM-44-5MM/dp/B08BWYWFY2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

The great news is that all the other clamps in the first pose work great with the exception of the #50.

You guys should read my posts earlier in this thread … it’s pretty clear and pretty cheap.

Reactions: MountaineerTom