Part numbers and resources for constant tension hose clamps

MountaineerTom

LJ Enthusiast, Retired USAF Weapons Loader
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I've compiled a list of part numbers for the constant tension hose clamps for our TJ / LJ cooling system over the last couple of years. Due to various reasons, my Jeep now has worm gear clamps on it and at this time of year when the temps get cooler, I start getting leaks at the ends of some hoses, requiring a little tightening of the clamps. I'm going to be overhauling my cooling system sometime soon, so I thought I'd post up these part numbers and some links. Thanks to @Jerry Bransford for providing a link to Clips and Fasteners on a similar thread on another website.

When I bought my '06 in 2016, this is what it had on the hoses (the number stamped into one of the end tabs). I plan to put these same sizes back on. I don't know if these are exactly the ones put on at the factory, but it's what was on mine.

42 on upper radiator inlet
47 on thermostat housing
55 on water pump
47 on lower radiator outlet
24 (both ends) on the smaller heater hose
27 (both ends) on the bigger heater hose

I ordered these from MOPAR Parts Overstock:
04401438 - stamped 44
04592176 is stamped 47
55037990AA - stamped 50
55037660AA - stamped 55

IMG_4172 - Copy.JPG360A63D1-44FD-4B49-8FCC-A87327BB8B49_1519974720936.jpg919DF08D-C7EB-4B19-AE74-5C693BB62950_1519974734997.jpgIMG_4171 - Copy.JPGIMG_4170 - Copy.JPGIMG_4169 - Copy.JPG

—————

Jerry provided a link for the clamp stamped 42. They come in a box of 5.

42 clamp at Clips and Fasteners

IMG_5718.JPG

—————

This site has the 24 and 27 clamps for the heater hoses as well as the 42 and 50 sizes, but they are in boxes of 10.

Zoro 24 hose clamp

Zoro 27 hose clamp

Another option for the heater core hose clamps are to order these hoses from Amazon. Both of mine came with the hose clamps already on the hoses.

Mopar 5503 8128AC, HVAC Heater Hose

Mopar 5503 8223AD, HVAC Heater Hose

—————

There was a MOPAR part number of 52005580 for the 42 clamp. I ordered one and it appears it has be replaced with 55037990AA and had 50 stamped on the tab. There were two per package.

IMG_5786.JPG

Last edited:
I've compiled a list of part numbers for the constant tension hose clamps for our TJ / LJ cooling system over the last couple of years. Due to various reasons, my Jeep now has worm gear clamps on it and at this time of year when the temps get cooler, I start getting leaks at the ends of some hoses, requiring a little tightening of the clamps. I'm going to be overhauling my cooling system sometime soon, so I thought I'd post up these part numbers and some links. Thanks to @Jerry Bransford for providing a link to Clips and Fasteners on a similar thread on another website.

When I bought my '06 in 2016, this is what it had on the hoses (the number stamped into one of the end tabs). I plan to put these same sizes back on. I don't know if these are exactly the ones put on at the factory, but it's what was on mine.

42 on upper radiator inlet
47 on thermostat housing
55 on water pump
47 on lower radiator outlet
24 (both ends) on the smaller heater hose
27 (both ends) on the bigger heater hose

I ordered these from MOPAR Parts Overstock:
04401438 - stamped 44
04592176 is stamped 47
55037990AA - stamped 50
55037660AA - stamped 55

—————

Jerry provided a link for the clamp stamped 42. They come in a box of 5.

42 clamp at Clips and Fasteners

View attachment 123083

—————

This site has the 24 and 27 clamps for the heater hoses as well as the 42 and 50 sizes, but they are in boxes of 10.

Zoro 24 hose clamp

Zoro 27 hose clamp

Another option for the heater core hose clamps are to order these hoses from Amazon. Both of mine came with the hose clamps already on the hoses.

Mopar 5503 8128AC, HVAC Heater Hose

Mopar 5503 8223AD, HVAC Heater Hose

—————

There was a MOPAR part number of 52005580 for the 42 clamp. I ordered one and it appears it has be replaced with 55037990AA and had 50 stamped on the tab. There were two per package.

Thank you for this list. I am going to order these for my own Jeep. I have a couple of questions for you:

1. - You ordered Mopar 04401438 (stamped 44) but I don't see that size on your original list? Where does this one go?

2. - Did the Mopar 55037990AA (stamped 50, which replaced the original 42) fit the upper radiator inlet? Or did you use size 42 from the link Jerry supplied?

Thanks.

I didn’t use the 44. I used all the original size clamps that I had on there. I actually reused some of my original clamps after cleaning them up.

I used the 42 clamp that Jerry linked On the upper radiator.

Thanks.

I didn’t use the 44. I used all the original size clamps that I had on there. I actually reused some of my original clamps after cleaning them up.

I used the 42 clamp that Jerry linked On the upper radiator.

Okay, so why did you order a size 44?

According to your list, you needed two (2) size 47, one on the thermostat housing and another one the lower radiator outlet. Is that correct?

There were so many part numbers floating around, I ordered some just to see what I’d get just to clear things up.

I‘ll try to check to see what’s on the actual Jeep once I get home from work. And which ones I reused. I may have used more new ones than I though. I’m 100% sure 24’s and 27’s are on the heater hoses and they were new because they came with the MOPAR heater hoses I ordered from amazon.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
Here's what I put back on my jeep back in November when I redid the entire cooling system.

Upper radiator - 42, a new one from the link Jerry provided.
Thermostat housing - 47, new
Lower radiator - 47, new
Water pump - 55, new
24 on both ends of one heater hose
27 on both ends of the other heater hose

I thought I had cleaned up and reused a couple of the original one, but I guess I didn't. The used ones were in my stash box of little parts.

Reactions: Macrosill
Here's what I put back on my jeep back in November when I redid the entire cooling system.

Upper radiator - 42, a new one from the link Jerry provided.
Thermostat housing - 47, new
Lower radiator - 47, new
Water pump - 55, new
24 on both ends of one heater hose
27 on both ends of the other heater hose

I thought I had cleaned up and reused a couple of the original one, but I guess I didn't. The used ones were in my stash box of little parts.

That clears it up very nicely. Thanks, Chief! (y)

One last question: I am going to need to get the right tool for these clamps. Did the red-handled constant tension hose clamp pliers work on all of the clamps for your Jeep, or did you also need the blue one?

That clears it up very nicely. Thanks, Chief! (y)

One last question: I am going to need to get the right tool for these clamps. Did the red-handled constant tension hose clamp pliers work on all of the clamps for your Jeep, or did you also need the blue one?

The red ones worked well on everything.

I thought the blue ones would be good for the lower hose on the water pump, but it wasn’t. Those blue ones did work good on my Silverado though.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJRick
Awesome information. When I re-did my cooling system, I bought a pair of pliers to make clamps because I didn't want to run worm clamps and I couldn't make heads or Tails of the part numbers on the constant tension clamps. I may have to do some digging again. The wire thing is great for emergencies...You can wrap it around anything, but I like the spring clamps because they are always at the right tension!

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Sub for future reference. BTW, i ordered heater hose clamps tonight from some place called Bel-Metric, guess I will find out if the sizing is ok and the quality. Anyone ordered from them before?