Not open for further replies.

Dan T.

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Price
Varies
Hey all,

Update as of 3/21/2019:

Thanks to all who have purchased parts for me. You guys are really awesome and I hope the parts are suiting you well. I made sure to show Chris some appreciation for having this forum not only for the brotherhood and knowledge sharing but for for folks to sell parts.

This adventure has gone much faster than I could have imagined and I learned a lot by dismantling the Jeep. I was able to make a few dollars that are being invested back into my personal 2000 TJ. I hope to be putting on my suspension in the next few weekends then getting back out in the woods of North GA and TN.

• So.. Here's the basics of what I have left:
  • ITEMS STILL AVAILABLE
  • - NP 231 transfer case
  • - Hood Cowl Steel Blue color paint code PBQ
  • - Gas Tank Fuel Cell (Skid is pending sale)
  • -Front track bar and sway bar
  • -Front Steering Drag Link, steering stabilizer
  • -Stock Suspension
  • -Steering Gear Box
  • - Radiator (fairly new)
  • - Windshield wiper motor and wiper arms
  • - EVAP System
  • - Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder (appears fairly new)
  • -Pedals (Gas, Brake, Clutch)
  • -Cruise Control Servo + control switches on steering wheel + clock spring
  • -misc random little stuff

———————————————————————————
Original Post

I'm finally getting serious about this Donor Jeep I bought to part out. It's a 2001 Sport with clean title and 124,7xx miles on it. Frame is pretty damn rusted and the underside skid plate has broken away from the frame... The rest of the Jeep including the Tub look great. I've sold a number of the little things to a lot of folks here on the forum and through other channels but its time to start moving the rest of the parts.

Here's a little about this Jeep. I met this older gentleman who was selling this Jeep. He brought it to a local Jeep shop to get the tail gate fixed. Reputable Shop (Fortec) called his attention to the frame issues so he just left it where it stood on the lot and didn't want to deal with the Jeep. I tried to get him to do a frame swap and sell it but he didn't want any part of it. After much deliberation with my brother who runs the service and body shop for a major car dealership, I decided to simply buy it, harvest some stuff for myself, and sell the rest to do some upgrades and get a new suspension for my personal TJ. Before purchasing, I ran the carfax and confirmed miles of the car and the clean title which I have.

details: VIN 1J4FA49S21P374437
--Cruise Control components all but the wire harness (servo, clock spring, steering wheel controls are in hand)
-Full Steering column minus the airbag
-Steel Blue color paint code PBQ hoot cowl
-Dash (agate dark grey color) I also have the center radio bezel. One of the vents on the Radio Bezel has 1 louvre that has come loose and doesn't turn with the others.. very minor unless you're OCD (like me)
-Hood has one little small dent that I never noticed until I washed the car but it's there.
-I don't find any rust elsewhere on the body accept for a small spot inside the cabin under where the rear seat was. see tub description below. If I find any, I'll be quick to amend my descriptions and be transparent with you all.
-Going to pull the engine this weekend with the help of an experienced mechanic 4.0L with 124,7xx miles. I have video of it running. It's runs great.
-NP231 transfer case will be pulled this weekend.
-Jeep has a Dana 44 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
-in the back of the tub under the passenger seat, there is some very light surface rust at one of the seams (photo attached)
-Fenders have some paint dulling. The PO had some stupid plastic faux diamond plate thing covering it.

Let me know if you're looking for something. Please be patient with me. I have a family, I coach baseball, and have a full time professional career. This is my hobby so I may be a little slow or uncertain of when I can commit to harvesting a particular part if it's one I need some technical help pulling. I'm reputable as noted by some on this forum whom I've sold parts. I'm not a Jeep expert so don't surprised if you stump me. I'm on this forum about every day so I'll be responsive.

Here's a few photos I took when I got the Jeep and gave it a bath.

Happy to field questions and discuss if there is anything you may want or need. The Jeep is in Atlanta and I'm not really equipped to ship stuff out via Freight. I do make business trips up to the Carolina's and Tennessee about every month or so. If it can fit in my company car (Subaru) I'll consider delivering and getting as close to you as possible during one of my trips.

So just be patient if you would and I'll work with everyone as best I can.

Thanks guys.

Dan

Last edited:
Those are the APEX edition cognac leather seats. Serious score to whoever picks those up!

@Chris These are the same leather seats I have in my jeep that you like so much.

Reactions: Chris
Those are the APEX edition cognac leather seats. Serious score to whoever picks those up!
No Way.. seriously? I wasn't sure it was real leather.

What are they really worth? Not bend someone over worth but a good fair deal? Guy I was speaking to was thinking of putting them in his YJ. Not sure it will fit and he was going to do some checking.

Hope he doesn't want them now... I was just about giving them away.

If they look like these then yeah you’ve got the true leather seats. These are the ones in my 02 apex edition (over-glorified “X” edition).
2449AC2B-AC4A-4E36-8F52-183C6C4D4E23.jpeg

As for price, when I DO see them pop up (which is rare) they go for a few hundred more than normal asking price for seats. I would just tell the YJ guy you changed your mind and keep them. They’re unbelievably plush and comfortable.

Reactions: Dan T.
Yep.. same one's I guess. Learned something new. The bad think is that on mine, that pull loop by the shoulder is either missing or tucked inside.

The dude I bought the Jeep from said when he bought the Jeep, he saw these seats and the wheels on another Jeep and negotiated them in the swap.

Bummer... I already tossed my seats in my TJ and put in Trail Max II seats.

I do love the way they look.

Thanks

I don’t have the pull loop on the driver seat either.

They’re technically not real leather (what modern seats are these days?) so it makes them easy to wash off, but I hit them once a month with Meguiar’s leather cream so the material stays fresh. They still look feel and smell like genuine leather.

Just did an eBay check. Couldn’t find any.

Do you have the wire harness for the turn signals and marker lights (both sides)? If so, how much shipped to 13035?
Thanks

1) Drivers side AC Vent On left side of steering wheel
2) Drivers seat belt latch (I.e. where the seat belt plugs in

Ship to 78624

PM me

Thanks, nice tub on the Jeep, love that color

Last edited:
What kind of condition are the driver and passenger seat belts in?

I'm honestly interested in both front fenders.

I think I already committed the plastic flares. You ok with out them? They weren’t anywhere near pristine anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what do you think you'd be wanting for that engine? any leaks? I'd want the whole thing with pretty much as many of the 'attachments' I could get. At a minimum intake and exhaust but also possibly the steering pump... I'd have to go look at the engine bay. Anyway, think about it. I'd be interested possibly depending on price. My 2004 has 192,000 miles. Question for me is to rebuild or replace (and rebuild later...!). Thanks.

How much for the Dana 44 and transfer case? I’m in the middle Georgia area and can come get them Monday. Also, what is the word on the front axle?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.