Parts places to avoid?

I'm north of Medford, so a little bit out in the sticks. It seems like most of my orders ship from AZ, pass me on I-5 going to Portland and then get routed back south. It's definitely one of the smallest annoyances in my life so not a huge complaint. I wouldn't move back for any reason. I still use Amazon a lot. Now that I know it helps support the forum I will follow the product links here.

That’s likely what it is. I am in Salem and I notice that my orders go to Portland first and then get sent back south to me here in Salem. However, for whatever reason or another, I get all of my Prime orders in 2 days, with the exception of a few items that actually said on the checkout page they would be 3-4 days.

I've used Extreme Terrain and Morris 4x4 with no issues apart from taking days to reply to emails......other companies don't reply at all (maybe it was something I said) :D
Allen from Allens Off-road did reply to me and gave me some great advice.

remembering i haven't been into jeeps for long i have ordered from
1- amazon ordered from them once or twice
2- summit good pricing, free financing quick shipping
3- morris 4 x 4 - local to me which means i can get touchy feely with what i am buying and leave with it most of the time on the spot. clearance sales and email coupons help to find a decent price

Never had any problems with anyone... yet.
Quadratec (have always hated that name, esp when they plaster it on their own products)
4WD Parts
Morris 4x4
Allen's Offroad
Extreme Terrain
RockAuto
Summit
Amazon...
All have taken my monies and shipped me goodies.

Reactions: DuncLJ
Avoid Quadratec. If I had a dollar for everytime someone had a problem my Jeep would already be built. .

Say the word & I'll walk over there & chuck a tomato at their headquarters :D

Seriously on that subject, while they don't have a 'store' per se, they have a walk up window where you can pick your stuff up if you're close enough which is great in that i can get stuff from them literally in 5 minutes, I just call & ask if they've got it in stock on premises & if so I complete the transaction over the phone then go pick it up. The only rub is they almost NEVER have what I want in stock in West Chester, despite the huge warehouse. Most of their stuff ships out of a couple other warehouses not as close by. Plus I've found their prices to usually be higher so I do what I think most people do, look everywhere & after I've identified what I want I paste the part name/number in the search bar & 9 times out of 10 it'll come up at Amazon cheaper than anywhere else AND, bonus, unlike Quadratec where everything is always in stock until you order it then they tell you it's not, Amazon actually acurrately tells you the exact number they have in stock & if you order it it's in your driveway in a day or two. Then, even bigger bonus, they'll take it back with so much less hassle than anywhere else.

There's a reason Bezos is the richest human being in the history of the universe :azote:

Reactions: JMT
There's a reason Bezos is the richest human being in the history of the universe :azote:
Yea, I'm really uncomfortable with how big Amazon has become as well as a lot of other aspects of their company (their treatment of workers and such), but it's hard to argue with the results. They have great customer-centric policies, huge selection, very low prices, and amazing delivery.

If smaller vendors want to compete, they'll have a lot of work to do (and they'll also need to offer a program where they share some of the profit with these forums like Amazon does! :deal:)