Passenger Floor Water Leak Help

Beachhead

Supporting Member
My passenger side floor board gets wet during the rain. I've narrowed it down to water getting into the engine compartment, and making it through the firewall some how.

- I've opened up and cleaned the cowl area, it wasn't that dirty. No pine needles and other junk in there as people have described, just light dirt. I cleaned it up anyway,

- I've replaced the cowl to hood weatherstrip seal with the longer omix one, thought that would fix the problem, but the water goes through it anyway.

I believe it runs down the firewall and gets a foam pad wet, which then soaks into the passenger floor board. Pictures attached. I'm not sure what this foam insulator is. I've looked around and searched and I can't find a fix for this. Does anyone have some advice? Thank you.

leak-1.jpg

leak-2.jpg

I sprayed flex seal on mine in my search for a similar water issue. I taped it off beforehand and it actually came out ok. I will say, it didn't end up being my leak though. The leak was from water getting in through the AC condensation drain a bit further down below. Just a heads up in case your leak continues after this fix.

I sprayed flex seal on mine in my search for a similar water issue. I taped it off beforehand and it actually came out ok. I will say, it didn't end up being my leak though. The leak was from water getting in through the AC condensation drain a bit further down below. Just a heads up in case your leak continues after this fix.
How did you fix the AC condensation drain leak? I don't know for certain this is where it's coming from but it's the only wet spot I can see in the engine compartment that seems to make sense.

How did you fix the AC condensation drain leak? I don't know for certain this is where it's coming from but it's the only wet spot I can see in the engine compartment that seems to make sense.
With this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007O3N75Q/?tag=wranglerorg-20

If you search around the forum for ac drain or ac drain leak you'll see its kind of a common problem. Getting the above on my drain instantly cured my leak.

Ok, this was with your AC running? Mine is just from rain, or running the hose on the hood near the cowl. I confirmed I have that tube on mine.

Ok, this was with your AC running? Mine is just from rain, or running the hose on the hood near the cowl. I confirmed I have that tube on mine.
No mine was coming in through that even with the AC off, that's why it took me so long to find it. Try the flex seal on that foam in your first pic

No mine was coming in through that even with the AC off, that's why it took me so long to find it. Try the flex seal on that foam in your first pic
First post* 2nd pic. Again I just used spray flex seal but sure you could use anything similar.

Did you end up flex sealing it or find a foam replacement? Having the same issue when there’s heavy rain.