Passenger side rear light: no plug comes out

TJOregon

Supporting Member
Hi all,

Quick question. Converting my rear lights to LED plug and plays. Driver side was easy, but passenger side is a problem. After taking off the OEM taillight and pulling on the wire, no plug comes out. I looked as much I could in the wheel well, but I don’t see it.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

if your evap equip is back there it'll be hard to see behind it and could have the lead wedged or trapped.

Sorry “evap equip”? What’s that?

Evap canister .. emissions related equipment.

download5).jpeg

Reactions: someguysjeep
Hi all,

Quick question. Converting my rear lights to LED plug and plays. Driver side was easy, but passenger side is a problem. After taking off the OEM taillight and pulling on the wire, no plug comes out. I looked as much I could in the wheel well, but I don’t see it.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I ran into this recently when changing my light housings.

Try working the wire bundle in different directions (forward back left and right) as u pull on it.

There may be sticky foam wrapped around the plug area which could explain if u don’t hear clunking when pulling on the wire bundle. It should eventually come out if u wiggle and tug on the wire bundle.

Reactions: TJOregon
I ran into this recently when changing my light housings.

Try working the wire bundle in different directions (forward back left and right) as u pull on it.

There may be sticky foam wrapped around the plug area which could explain if u don’t hear clunking when pulling on the wire bundle. It should eventually come out if u wiggle and tug on the wire bundle.

You're advise was exactly what was needed. Did a little wiggling and pulling and eventually the plug came out. Thanks!