Paulo6's 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Paulo6

There it is my first Jeep ever. Made sure frame is “ok” and grabbed it. All I know it has a 1” lift otherwise probably stock. Always wanted a manual 6cyl so here it is.
Between a 2014 S4 and a work vehicle a 2019 equinox (I need cargo space) this is not a DD by any means.
I like to get half doors, and probably replace the soft top I got with it. Otherwise blank slate have no idea yet what I want to do with it - mods won’t be extreme I know that much.

e01d0dd5cba58a1a9db52b1b061eb220.jpg

b6fa24a30c3218e3f00f1f7ad5a0e6ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
Your Jeep looks like a great starting point. You can do whatever you want to your Jeep! That is what is fun.

You will appreciate all the folks here who have posted on this site from DYI to projects best left to the pros.

Looks around here and decide what you need. Post your mileage, some known history of your Jeep, like how many owners if known and so on will create some responses.

I started by replacing the oil and spark plugs, air filter. I added some non ethanol fuel and she runs so much better. I also had to balance the tires to get some vibration out of the chassis.

Good Luck with her!
Scott
KN4SMO

Welcome to the Forum. What type of driving do you want to do? Mostly on road and light trails? Mostly trails?

Hi,
Your Jeep looks like a great starting point. You can do whatever you want to your Jeep! That is what is fun.

You will appreciate all the folks here who have posted on this site from DYI to projects best left to the pros.

Looks around here and decide what you need. Post your mileage, some known history of your Jeep, like how many owners if known and so on will create some responses.

I started by replacing the oil and spark plugs, air filter. I added some non ethanol fuel and she runs so much better. I also had to balance the tires to get some vibration out of the chassis.

Good Luck with her!
Scott
KN4SMO

I did the fluid changes, a small
Oil leak. Otherwise mechanic found it pretty sound. Just started driving it

Welcome. Between the audi and jeep you have a fun car for all surfaces.

Reactions: Paulo6
Welcome. Sahara are definitely nice TJs.

Looks lIke you have some rust issues (driver's side door handle, fender) that should be taken care of asap. Rust is a cancer on TJs, and needs to be eradicated before it gets out of hand.

Welcome. Sahara are definitely nice TJs.

Looks lIke you have some rust issues (driver's side door handle, fender) that should be taken care of asap. Rust is a cancer on TJs, and needs to be eradicated before it gets out of hand.

Yes. Surface rust on back on left front fender And door handles. Expected with the Jeep and high mileage. Those yes I plan to take care off before it eats it up. I do want to blast the frame and protect it i think too. Looking for ideas here for that

I think you made a great choice. The TJ is a great vehicle, but I always tell people that I don't think it could ever be my daily driver, even if we didn't have kids. I look at it as much more of a purpose built, recreational vehicle, at which it does an exceptional job.

Nice, clean, stock is a great place to start.

Drive it til you need new tires.
Figure out what you want it to do.
Find a 4x4 Club.. or two. Join them and learn a bit more. 4x4in' can be a social activity
Never let them convince you to go first !!

And as you get ideas, post them here. TJ Forum has a pretty well rounded group of owners. Guys on a budget, guys with no budget. Trailer Queens, DD, guys who live to break and fix things.

But drive it first, fiqure out what you like.

PS, Stock TJs are incredibly capable. Once you start making changes it can be a never ending game. A few of us are experts at spending $$$$.

Last edited: