PCM connection

Craigesmith52

I have been tracking down an issue with power and my instrument gauges not working. Oh but lets back up and mention that I did take the jeep swimming and since then no gauges. Okay now that is out of the way, so my instrument lights work but the gauges don't. No power to the instrument plug in on the right hand side (grey if I remember correctly). I still have an issue with the 10 amp fuse for the radio and a backfeed of power to the normally dead side of the fuse slot.
None of that is my question though. When I am checking the PCM to see if pins 2 and 22 have 12 volts the results are that pin 2 has 12 volts when the key is on but the engine does not need to run. Pin 22 has 12 volts whether the key is on or not. Is that the way the power should be? Thanks

Last edited:
Did you do a gauge check? I would also disconnect the battery and pull all three plugs from the PCM and use some contact cleaner and lightly blow dry then plug them all back in and see what happens.

Did you do a gauge check? I would also disconnect the battery and pull all three plugs from the PCM and use some contact cleaner and lightly blow dry then plug them all back in and see what happens.
Ignorance is bliss for me as not sure how I would do the gauge check. I did check the voltage of the plugs in back of the instrument panel as I was curious how all of the idiot lights still worked but the gauges didn't.

Ignorance is bliss for me as not sure how I would do the gauge check. I did check the voltage of the plugs in back of the instrument panel as I was curious how all of the idiot lights still worked but the gauges didn't.
Hold the trip reset on the gauge panel and then turn the key to ON but do not start it then let go of the trip reset. The gauges I believe will all go fully to the right then half way back then to there normal spots when getting ready to start. As long as the all do the "system check" you know they work. If I am wrong someone will chime in.