Pcoplin's TJ

Heading to Moab here tomorrow. Had to put in a new radiator, broke the passenger side of it when I broke the frame.

Also got around to installing some fancy VisionX LED headlights. Gutting the grill made me fab up some brackets to weld to the grill hoop.
155e4f467fba371a1b67ccc7d3dde46b.jpg
06f1ef81d69549e5baece85493066e41.jpg
d66a16755b1f1dbdbce1e7af78544709.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

You'll love those Vision X headlights. I had the same setup with the Vortex headlights and the light cannon auxiliary lights. The light output is insane.

Did you get the optional harness to let you run the high beams at the same time as the low beams?

Reactions: pcoplin
No harness, my plan was to add the high beam circuit to one of my extra toggle switches. I did wire the halo to my parking lights though temporarily.

Reactions: Chris
Heading to Moab here tomorrow. Had to put in a new radiator, broke the passenger side of it when I broke the frame.

Also got around to installing some fancy VisionX LED headlights. Gutting the grill made me fab up some brackets to weld to the grill hoop.View attachment 88633View attachment 88634View attachment 88635

Like @Chris said, these are great lights. LED headlights have been fulfilling all of my on road needs lately. For years I had been running big Hellas on the front bumper just to feel comfortable on remote highways. To compliment the headlights offroad Rigid suggested I go with a spot/flood bar. Can you flip the aux lights on the bumper down to get a better pattern out of the headlights?

Reactions: Chris
Like @Chris said, these are great lights. LED headlights have been fulfilling all of my on road needs lately. For years I had been running big Hellas on the front bumper just to feel comfortable on remote highways. To compliment the headlights offroad Rigid suggested I go with a spot/flood bar. Can you flip the aux lights on the bumper down to get a better pattern out of the headlights?

The Cannons aren't really in the way of the low beams at all. The grill hoop to push bar tube is sort of in the way of the lower high beam portion though, but I also rarely drive on road. Just in Moab usually. Just want to keep sort of legal for that. My old LED headlights were a generic utility light sort.

Looks incredibly economical. Is the floor wood ?
Is it a package ? and by who ?
No, 4 inch concrete slab (very dirty in the pics, I'm running into the rainy season) over about 8 inches of 3/4 minus.

It was a pole barn kit from a local building supply. Posts are 4 feet in the ground and concreted in. Wood and steel was fairly inexpensive, but is easily less than half of a complete shop. It's gonna be more than I thought to do it right. :(

Looking great Paul. Get some heat in there.

I've been in my house for 13 years now and still don't have insulation or heat in my garage. Which is why I can't work out there during the winter..... Damn I need to move some place warmer.

Tyvek is more expensive for zero reason. No insulative value. Cheaper stuff performs same moisture barrier function for much less cost. Either need to install rigid insulation board behind siding or house wrap on exterior with batt/roll on interior between framing.

Btw, shop is looking awesome! Wish you were closer.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat