Colorado Pearl Pass - Saturday 9/18

deadbeat son

TJ Addict
I'm planning to run Pearl Pass from the south to the north on Saturday, 9/18. Right now, the plan is to drive to Gunnison Friday evening after work, Saturday morning run Pearl Pass to Aspen, then head over to Marble and the Crystal Mill, and return to the Denver area Saturday evening. Feel free to post up if you'd like to join in.

How are the colors up in the high country? Still too early? That could be a gorgeous drive if things are starting to change.

I'll be in SW CO that weekend, looks like Ill be a bit early then..
6CA519A4-791D-4F48-940E-3842B47F1EA4.jpeg
Not too far off according to this forecast.

Reactions: tworley
I might be interested in joining for this. I don't think I have anything planned for that weekend and it isn't a crazy far drive for me.
So it looks like I'm not going to be able to get out of Denver before 5:30 or 6:00 Friday evening. That puts me into Gunnison around 10pm or so. I have a room booked and then plan to head out around 8am Saturday for the pass.

Are you in, @Xysos? If so, I can PM with a few additional details.

Anyone else?

Does that mean you are up and running?
Unfortunately not with the new axles yet. Still running off the stock, which is fine for now. Between work and school, tough to find time to do it myself.. Waiting to work with a shop who had a family emergency so hoping that they will get back to me soon.

That reminds me though, I don't think I ever pulled the axle shafts to check the splines. I'll have to do that.

Reactions: jjvw
Reactions: deadbeat son
Great to meet you as well! Pearl pass was awesome and the views at Crystal Mill were beautiful. Glad I tagged along. Long drive home though... 😂
I can only imagine how cold and wet your drive must have been! :oops: We got back to my house around 12:30ish. Long day, but well worth it for me.

I’ll get some photos to you once I get them. I understand there’s a flash drive with a metric buttload of pics and videos waiting for me In Wyoming…