People can really job hop now

Curious (as I work in Information Systems), what time tracking software is your company using? Also wondering, approximately how large the company you work for is?

The website I go to for all time tracking is called Dayforce. That's also where we request the pay advance.

It's not hitting payroll, they just do a quick and dirty calculation based on hours worked since the last pay and come up with a limit. Then deposit it to your bank, and you see it as a post tax deduction on your next check.

Don't know exactly how big the company is, but the main plant has over a thousand employees and there are plants scattered all over the country.

The website I go to for all time tracking is called Dayforce. That's also where we request the pay advance.

It's not hitting payroll, they just do a quick and dirty calculation based on hours worked since the last pay and come up with a limit. Then deposit it to your bank, and you see it as a post tax deduction on your next check.

I can't give Reactions yet (not enough posts), but I appreciate the response!

At a time my company had 65,000 employees. We were lucky if they were depositing money instead of withdrawing it. Payroll was a clusterfuck.

By that size they should really have it figured out.

I kinda expect things to not be completely perfect, because there are 400 something paychecks going through one person. But it's way more screwed than it should be. It took 8 months to figure out how to get my bonus checks withheld correctly for taxes. Kept running it through the monthly or quarterly table, but since the checks were smaller than my normal biweekly check, hardly anything was coming out, while the withholding on my regular checks were somewhat engineered on the assumption that the bonus checks would be withheld at the federal guideline of 22% and the top state tax bracket. I ended up having to pay in like $4k, but fortunately I was expecting it so I was squirrelling away the money they weren't withholding. The only way they got it figured was to use the accounts payable system instead of payroll, but that means it has to be a paper check instead of direct deposit. They mail it to me monthly, but last month I was in town so I picked it up. It only had one signature on it and none of the people who could provide the second signature were in the office, so I had to give it back. 😒

Reactions: Apparition
By that size they should really have it figured out.

I kinda expect things to not be completely perfect, because there are 400 something paychecks going through one person. But it's way more screwed than it should be. It took 8 months to figure out how to get my bonus checks withheld correctly for taxes. Kept running it through the monthly or quarterly table, but since the checks were smaller than my normal biweekly check, hardly anything was coming out, while the withholding on my regular checks were somewhat engineered on the assumption that the bonus checks would be withheld at the federal guideline of 22% and the top state tax bracket. I ended up having to pay in like $4k, but fortunately I was expecting it so I was squirrelling away the money they weren't withholding. The only way they got it figured was to use the accounts payable system instead of payroll, but that means it has to be a paper check instead of direct deposit. They mail it to me monthly, but last month I was in town so I picked it up. It only had one signature on it and none of the people who could provide the second signature were in the office, so I had to give it back. 😒
We had two people with the same name.

The gave a bonus to the wrong guy and then pulled it and overdrew his account.

As I said clusterfuck