People living in and around a giant treehouse on city property are terrorizing neighbors

My go to question when I read an article like this: I wonder how they vote? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
The sad thing is that it wouldn’t take that many resources to clean it up. Few cops in riot gear, a bag of HD zip ties, some tear gas. Throw the people in jail. Once they’re gone, you raze the treehouse

Of course, You’d need a standing police force to do that

Reactions: Chris
oh hell no.........3 armed friends, a chainsaw and a gallon of gas. it'd be gone in a few hrs.

since the bureau has been aware for sometime and the trespassers have not been run off, these are now tenants and i'd start pushing legal action. until someone has to pay for something nothing will be done.
the trash and waterway obstruction alone should have prompted action long ago.

i find it odd that hard drug users are given "safe spaces" out west. Cali is making open use drug parks .......WTF is wrong with them? this tree huggin hippie shit has gotten out of hand. you wanna get your "mellow" on, go for it. but this brain dead out of your skull zombie shit should not be tolerated.

or put them next to expressways with open gates and let it happen.

about 7 or 8 years ago I decided it would be a good idea to plant some fruit trees. I put in a Georgia peach, two varieties of apple, and a Bartlett pear, all about 6ish feet tall. They began bearing fruit the following summer & it was good for a couple years, until the invasion. It seemed every squirrel and deer within walk-able distance had descended upon my property to feast on the fruit. They were non-discriminatory too, they'd eat the fruit when it was hard as a rock or after it had fallen & at every stage in between. I fought back as best I could to no avail, and as of about a month ago took to plucking the deer in the ass with my pump pellet gun. They'd jump a bit & sometimes run but would return shortly thereafter to continue. It got to the point where I'm getting no fruit, and have to contend with my front yard being a toilet for a herd of deer, there'd be 10 out there at once. Having already cleaned out my apple trees & most of the pears they turned their attention to the most prolific of the trees, the peach, had to be 1000 peaches on there. Disgusted with this relentless assault I determined that if they were not going to permit me any fruit off of my own trees I'd return the favor. On Saturday I grabbed my trusty Al Gore approved 16 inch battery powered chain saw & chopped that fucking thing down & into 6 or 7 small enough sections that I could drag to my burn pit in the back yard; took less than 90 seconds to do that & about two hours to get it all out to the pit & toss it on a fire I got going for the specific purpose of burning this fucker to dust. I bagged all the half chewed, bug infested & otherwise inedible peaches & tossed them in the trash & kept what I could. Over the few days that have elapsed since I've watched a procession of confused squirrels and deer sniffing around the base of what used to be 'under the tree', looking around, scratching their heads, then wandering off to God knows where, their favorite free food source gone. Fuck them, one and all, get off my lawn.

Trees can be great, but sometimes they've gotta go.

That is all.

about 7 or 8 years ago I decided it would be a good idea to plant some fruit trees. I put in a Georgia peach, two varieties of apple, and a Bartlett pear, all about 6ish feet tall. They began bearing fruit the following summer & it was good for a couple years, until the invasion. It seemed every squirrel and deer within walk-able distance had descended upon my property to feast on the fruit. They were non-discriminatory too, they'd eat the fruit when it was hard as a rock or after it had fallen & at every stage in between. I fought back as best I could to no avail, and as of about a month ago took to plucking the deer in the ass with my pump pellet gun. They'd jump a bit & sometimes run but would return shortly thereafter to continue. It got to the point where I'm getting no fruit, and have to contend with my front yard being a toilet for a herd of deer, there'd be 10 out there at once. Having already cleaned out my apple trees & most of the pears they turned their attention to the most prolific of the trees, the peach, had to be 1000 peaches on there. Disgusted with this relentless assault I determined that if they were not going to permit me any fruit off of my own trees I'd return the favor. On Saturday I grabbed my trusty Al Gore approved 16 inch battery powered chain saw & chopped that fucking thing down & into 6 or 7 small enough sections that I could drag to my burn pit in the back yard; took less than 90 seconds to do that & about two hours to get it all out to the pit & toss it on a fire I got going for the specific purpose of burning this fucker to dust. I bagged all the half chewed, bug infested & otherwise inedible peaches & tossed them in the trash & kept what I could. Over the few days that have elapsed since I've watched a procession of confused squirrels and deer sniffing around the base of what used to be 'under the tree', looking around, scratching their heads, then wandering off to God knows where, their favorite free food source gone. Fuck them, one and all, get off my lawn.

Trees can be great, but sometimes they've gotta go.

That is all.

FB market place .........you could have traded the peach tree and all those deer for a mini bus full of tweekers.

a gross of whistlin bottle rockets mighta been the ticket and you could had some fun too.

The tree dwellers are like birds and an election is a clean and shiny new car. They'll all be dropping votes from the sky and doing it repeatedly until the election goes away.

You can’t ever turn Portland from being blue. That city is so blue it’s unfathomable 😆

It’s so blue it’s actually communist red 🤪

You got it! Born and raised in Portland and spent about 28 years of my life there. There is no changing the city of Portland from a political standpoint, it will only go further left. The only change that is slowly starting to happen is more-and-more affluent people are leaving the city for either the suburbs or other states. Eventually the city may go the way of Detroit. We will see!

Reactions: P man
The sad thing is that it wouldn’t take that many resources to clean it up. Few cops in riot gear, a bag of HD zip ties, some tear gas. Throw the people in jail. Once they’re gone, you raze the treehouse

Of course, You’d need a standing police force to do that

I think a chainsaw might be quicker.