Pepe 2.0 the barn find Rubicon build

Jeep is looking great!! With the front tube fenders, do you have any plans on changing the front bumper to a stubby one?

Yes I am, though I don't have any kind of licence yet. My dad has been running a small two truck plumbing business in our town for about 10 years now. So that's what I'm doing.
You can make a nice living at it, my dad also stared the business many many years ago and now my birther and I are running it. My son is also working in the business so he is third generation. We currently have about 22 working in the company. We are also members of PHCC and QSC which is a great Assoc. to belong to if you ever need anything feel free to PM me. I know a couple Plumbing Contractors in TX where are you located ?

You can make a nice living at it, my dad also stared the business many many years ago and now my birther and I are running it. My son is also working in the business so he is third generation. We currently have about 22 working in the company. We are also members of PHCC and QSC which is a great Assoc. to belong to if you ever need anything feel free to PM me. I know a couple Plumbing Contractors in TX where are you located ?
Well thank you! We're located in Wharton County, El Campo to be exact.

I installed the Tuffy under seat box, I needed a place to carry my 9MM. Also picked up a Bestop trail cover. When leaving it outside sometimes when there is a chance of rain it's nice to through it on. I also use it when leaving the jeep at hotels, it just keeps the honest people out.

bestop_zps6628d6cd.JPG

Iphone6 149.JPG

Iphone6 147.JPG

93_zpsd16b48f0.JPG

95_zps145b961e.JPG

I needed to add some steps for my wife so i came up with this idea and it has worked out well. I took a set of Carr steps and welded the brackets to a piece of flat plate. I then drilled holes in the plate and the underside of my Poison Sypder rock sliders. I then tapped the sliders for 3/8" bolts. I use 2 - 3/8" x 1 bolts and attach the steps. When I go off road it just a matter of removing two 3/8" bolts on each side and the steps are off.

60_zpse02f884b.JPG

59_zpscfa16b7e.JPG

756_2__zpsf78c79a5.JPG

62_zps4e45d3aa.JPG

Iphone6 1582.JPG

Reactions: TJ Starting
Love this Jeep! You mentioned the Jeep you modeled yours after and I believe I will do the same with yours. I had already bought a metalcloak 3.5 in system before I joined the forum and kinda wish I had spent a few extra hundred on the Currie 4in but it hasn’t given me any trouble.

My next mod is the gen right fenders and rock sliders… any advice?? I’m nervous about cutting the factory fender but also not sold on their aluminum fender option. Can’t wait to get that installed and painted to match the body color like yours. Also probably need the 1in body lift but with my current fender flare also being flat I haven’t had a rub issue.

IMG_2796.jpeg

IMG_2797.jpeg

Love this Jeep! You mentioned the Jeep you modeled yours after and I believe I will do the same with yours. I had already bought a metalcloak 3.5 in system before I joined the forum and kinda wish I had spent a few extra hundred on the Currie 4in but it hasn’t given me any trouble.

My next mod is the gen right fenders and rock sliders… any advice?? I’m nervous about cutting the factory fender but also not sold on their aluminum fender option. Can’t wait to get that installed and painted to match the body color like yours. Also probably need the 1in body lift but with my current fender flare also being flat I haven’t had a rub issue.

View attachment 487115

View attachment 487116

Take a look at @JMT 's build. He has the same color with freshly painted red GR fenders (4 inch flares just like @Plumber1)

@Plumber1 jeep looks amazing in person as well. Its a very clean set up with the painted fenders and supporting mods.

Reactions: MichaelAAgar
Take a look at @JMT 's build. He has the same color with freshly painted red GR fenders (4 inch flares just like @Plumber1)

@Plumber1 jeep looks amazing in person as well. Its a very clean set up with the painted fenders and supporting mods.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention! I think I like the whole fender/flare being body color like @Plumber1 but I did think about doing what @JMT did as well

View attachment 487115

View attachment 487116

There is a big difference in weight, when I first ordered mine I did steel because of the cost. When they arrived the first thing I thought was holly cow these things are heavy. I returned them and re-ordered them in Alum.

From GR's website
Aluminum fenders are a great way to save weight, only weighing 9.3 lbs each, compared to the steel version, which weigh 21.75 lbs. each! That's over a 24 lbs. reduction!.

Also I already had my sliders which did not go all the way to the rear wheel well opening, but if I were to do it all ver I would have gone with GR sliders, as they are made to work with there fenders. Up front was not a problem only on the rear when I added the Alum corners did the problem show up. Was not a huge issues but I had to make a small filer piece, its hardly noticeable but it took some extra time to get it to match.

Are you also doing the rears, if not you will once the front is done ;) The front will look so good that you start thinking the rear of my jeep does not look as nice as the front.

IMG_0936_zps3dc9adac.jpg

genright.jpg

509E8856-39C3-4C6F-BEB9-8DBE78FDBB2A.jpeg

D51A570A-E7EF-4437-9037-B7EB3B4BBA31.jpeg

7EAE55B8-51D9-42A5-A8EA-023251F5281F.jpeg

There is a big difference in weight, when I first ordered mine I did steel because of the cost. When they arrived the first thing I thought was holly cow these things are heavy. I returned them and re-ordered them in Alum.

From GR's website
Aluminum fenders are a great way to save weight, only weighing 9.3 lbs each, compared to the steel version, which weigh 21.75 lbs. each! That's over a 24 lbs. reduction!.

Also I already had my sliders which did not go all the way to the rear wheel well opening, but if I were to do it all ver I would have gone with GR sliders, as they are made to work with there fenders. Up front was not a problem only on the rear when I added the Alum corners did the problem show up. Was not a huge issues but I had to make a small filer piece, its hardly noticeable but it took some extra time to get it to match.

Are you also doing the rears, if not you will once the front is done ;) The front will look so good that you start thinking the rear of my jeep does not look as nice as the front.

View attachment 487154

View attachment 487155

View attachment 487158

View attachment 487159

View attachment 487161

Looks great! I’m planning to do front/rear. Hopefully I can find a local body shop to paint them for me affordably. Were they a pain to install?

Reactions: Alex01
Looks great! I’m planning to do front/rear. Hopefully I can find a local body shop to paint them for me affordably. Were they a pain to install?

Not at all a pain to install ;)

but I must confess I traded a body shop for some plumbing and they did the install and painting 😄

I miss the left coast and the west. East of the Miss. R. it is too congested and not enough public land.