Pepe 2.0 the barn find Rubicon build

I stole this OBA system from Pepe 1.0, but I had to order a new compressor mounting bracket to fit the 4.0 with AC. I had also ordered the Spod with an air gauge knowing the OBA system was going to be installed. I also installed a tank but now thinking back it may not be necessary to have. Again thanks to my brother for having a lift. I had to make a strap to hold the intake air filter. This whole OBA thing was try this and then this, and then this to get everything to fir neatly. I am a bit OCD when it comes to making things look like it came stock that way. I also had to relocate the Cruise Control to make room for the OBA manifold

photo_6_zps9eec14d4 (1).jpg

10_zps8ff2e017.jpg

23_zpsfee37e77.jpg

11_zpsaaaabd7e.JPG

12_zpsde6f9833.JPG

photo_7_zps393e1c0a.jpg

Last edited:
I added the Rockhard 4x4 sport cage. This was a bit of work, I had it powder coated and did not realize for the firts few holes that I needed to run a tap though all of the treads. I also added the floor supports and frame tie-ins. Ialso replaced the stock header bars as everone was tell me they are a weak point so they were replaced with Poison Spyder header bars.

64_zpse84244ad.JPG

c2_zpsc388338f.JPG

c6_zpsa9c9d803.JPG

c7_zps70419f09.JPG

cage_zpsf1977149.JPG

After saving for awhile I ordered Genright front steel fenders. Once they arrived and I picked them up I holly shit these things are HEAVY. I called the and asked about returning them and ordering the alum. ones. So a few days later they arrived and wow much lighter. Then came the time to actually make the first cut 😱 then no turning back. I had looked at several brands and liked the old school flat fender look. Once installed and I had a body shop that does a lot of work for my company gave me a great price on painting them.

IMG_0937_zps941ab16c.JPG

57_zps2ab24cef.jpg

56_zpsf08a726a.jpg

So once they were done it was off to the Rubicon for a test run. I went with my best bud in his green TJ and my son in Pepe 1.0 "YJ" and a few of my sons friends. Nothing like being the old guy " Old Guys Rule" anyway we had a great time and when we got thru to the other side there is nothing like stopping a Sunnyside for cocktails on the back deck with Lake Tahoe in the background.

rub_zpsd7ef5432.jpg

rub1_zps6d55ef01.jpg

53_zpsa39bccea.jpg

52_zps4a7e0035.jpg

After having the front fenders on I started not liking the rear with old plastic flares. So I ordered the matching Alum. rear flare's. After they arrived I started playing around with some C-Clamps and thought if I want to add the Alum. corners now is the time. Made another purchase and started the mock up.

cor4_zps9c32671c.JPG

cor5_zps93a78d5b.JPG

cor3_zpsfbeae0ce.jpg

I ran into a small issue with the Poison Spyder Rock Sliders. They are made to go from flare to flare and not fender opening to fender opening. It was not an issue on the fronts as in the front the existing plastic flare and the new Genright flare are in the same spot. But in the rear when you install the corners they are designed to come down and match up with "there" rock sliders. Since I did not have Genright sliders they was a small gap that had to be filled. I had to make up a little Alum. filler piece, but once it was installed and I had a shop paint them to match you could not tell they were there.

cor2_zpsc434f352.JPG

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

photo1_zps3fa42bfc.JPG

While doing the OBA and relocating the winch controller I did not want to have to open the hood every time I wanted to use them I relocated them thru the front end. I also installed quick coupler in the rear for the OBA also

8_zps99582501.JPG

Reactions: derekmac
Jeep looks great, the painted fenders / rear armor Looks great and I like how the rock sliders give it some contrast

So after the install was done I didn't like the way the control's covered so much of the winch rope. I made it difficult to get to the rope if I needed to untangle it or see how is respooling so I went with the relocation pack.

Iphone6 150.JPG

Iphone6 131.JPG

It was time to do some work on the rear tire carrier / rack for the jeep. Since I have a Rock Hard 4x4 rear bumper I had to work with that as a starting point. I added their Rack, the Rigid SR-M Series PRO Back Up Light Kit, and a set of Roto-Pak gas and other paks. I took a lot a trial and error to find a place to mount everything but I like they way things worked out. The Roto-Paks will not work in this location when I put the hard top on, but I normally don't do a lot of winter wheeling.

Iphone6 124.JPG

Iphone6 125.JPG

Iphone6 220.JPG

Iphone6 223.JPG

Iphone6 221.JPG

Since this picture was taken I have stopped carrying my Highlift Jack. But I am thinking of carrying just the handle for repairs 😂

TJ Starting are you really a plumber ?
Yes I am, though I don't have any kind of licence yet. My dad has been running a small two truck plumbing business in our town for about 10 years now. So that's what I'm doing.