Permatex 133k anti-seize

StG58

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
I did my ZJ tie rod conversion today, so my trusty 8 oz can of Permatex came out from under the work bench to treat the threads. Wonderful stuff. You don't need to adjust your torque values for it, and it will positively prevent seizing and galling. I've had the same can since around 1984 or so, and apply it to everything that has threads. I even use it on wheel studs. Good for both high and low temperatures. It contains aluminum, copper and graphite.

Give it a shot. You'll like it the next time you have to pull a fastener the second time.

I use the same stuff, have for over a decade. Anytime I of to remove whatever it is I applied it to, it always comes out without any fuss. This is great stuff if you plan on owning a vehicle for a long time and doing your own maintenance. Nothing I hate more than bolts that won't budge due to corrosion.

Reactions: StG58
I haven't been misfortune enough to have that happen yet. I assume it won't come off?

Anti seize has been my new best friend for a while now. Such a headache saver. I use aluminum stuff on cold things and copper based on high temp things.

Been using permatex for YEARS. One of my numerous jobs that helped get me through college was performing maintenance at a machine shop. We used the stuff by the gallon. There were about 70 surface grinders there...and the spindles mounted on a 3" diameter ground shaft that was a couple feet long. With wet coolant, if those didn't have anti-seize on them, they would literally fuse into place...the machine was basically a boat anchor at that point.