Personalizing a Jeep

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
We are at the Smokey Mountain Jeep Invasion in Tennessee.

There are crazy jeeps everywhere. There is “wonder woman” (we wonder if she is a woman) , a “Joker” tribute, and every manner of bright colors, hinge colors, sticker, applique, flag, stuffed animal and lord knows the duck inspired ideas running around. Of course it is mostly the 4 door crowd, as the TJ owners have too much dignity (or too little leftover cash) to participate.

I’m not sure any vehicle owners are more enthusiastic. There are even memes making fun of this - Jeeps are so personalized they don’t even stand out.

We have our “unfortunate “ threads that these have inspired.

While honestly we most all do this to a some degree , we tend to use a feather and not the whole chicken.

So here is my point-What makes a jeep look cool?

Knowing when to quit.

How do you guys feel about where to draw the line?

Last edited:
We are at the Smokey Mountain Jeep Invasion in Tennessee.

There are crazy jeeps everywhere. There is “wonder woman” (we wonder if she is a woman) , a “Joker” tribute, and every manner of bright colors, hinge colors, sticker, applique, flag, stuffed animal and lord knows the duck inspired ideas running around. Of course it is mostly the 4 door crowd, as the TJ owners have too much dignity (or too little leftover cash) to participate.

I’m not sure any vehicle owners are more enthusiastic. There are even memes making fun of this - Jeeps are so personalized they don’t even stand out.

We have our “unfortunate “ threads that these have inspired.

While honestly we most all do this to a some degree , we tend to use a feather and not the whole chicken.

So here is my point-What makes a jeep look cool?

Knowing when to quit.

How do you guys feel about where to draw the line?
Well I honestly think you went overboard on the "Beast" just saying
20210828_105459_copy_800x600.jpg

I've never been a fan of the "pile on more shit" mentality? Less is always more with good design.
However, I like a well thought out plan that comes together, usually those Jeeps stand out and get two thumbs up.
We have a ton of them here.
These Jeeps above are just stupid looking and really, really horrible design.
I'm a Graphic Designer by trade, so I have the credentials to back that up! lol

I've never been a fan of the "pile on more shit" mentality? Less is always more with good design.
However, I like a well thought out plan that comes together, usually those Jeeps stand out and get two thumbs up.
We have a ton of them here.
These Jeeps above are just stupid looking and really, really horrible design.
I'm a Graphic Designer by trade, so I have the credentials to back that up! lol
You’ve probably done the best at making one unique as any around- yours looks like a special edition or a good one off build.

Reactions: Tray Burge
I will say this, while the JK and JL are not my cup of tea, I am glad they have the following that they do. After the TJ model the JKU kept the Jeep alive!!!

The folks personalizing their Jeeps is a good thing also, I don't like a lot of what folks do, just like others don't like what I do. I said all that to say this, if not for all the new folks buying Jeeps we probably wouldn't have a Jeep brand anymore.