PeteJE’s 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

PeteJE

Hi,
New here - I acquired a 2006 Wrangler Unlimited, LJ a couple weeks ago. It has 2” coil lift and old BFG 33s (285/70r17). I am going to put basically 32s on it (BFG 275/70r17) just to get a little more wheel well and not to push the power/mpg or just push them slightly less.

So far I added a Bestop trektop nx; new Rancho 5000x shocks and steering stabilizer; changed out the old ratty door handles; changed the turns stalk switch, fogs now work :); went with bartact seat covers (awesome); installed a hood Louver (like the looks, and at 133K+ miles thought managing some engine bay cooking couldn’t hurt).

I will be changing the 4 o2 sensors in a couple days, going with the new 32s, and want to refresh the roll bar padding/covers. The engine and tranny are running great and shifting super smooth. I am really excited with this Jeep, love refreshing it and working on it..... so much fun!
9F770A9F-C60E-4E0C-B393-36D468ECA6C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome Jeep, and lovely color. I’m a bit partial to that color since mine is the same. You definitely seem to be on the right path!

Reactions: PeteJE
Thanks for words and links. I am loving this LJ! It puts a smile on my face very similar to my Triumph and Yamaha bikes (I ride 90% of the time, but lately decreased, lol). I debate proactively changing all the O2s, but at 134k, seems like a good idea - should I?
Got the new BFGs 275/70 32s, and washed em already ;).

Reactions: JeepZilla380