PGA Tour vs LIV

Without knowing much about golf, it sounds like a no brainer to play over there.

same.. "over there" = 1 tournament in England, 5 in the US, 1 in Saudi and 1 in Thailand.. plus if you're a good negotiator, you get all of the travel and accomodations paid for.. definite no brainer in my book.

i can definitely understand why some would not play "over there" also, just not for the saudi money only aspect though. if it's your lifelong dream to play golf and grind it out on the PGA Tour, then do that! if you're in it for money and quality of life, go LIV! (if they want you that is)

if you don't want to play LIV only because of the saudi money, you're just a dumb snowflake.

Last edited:
Reactions: TWiG01
I saw an interview with Greg Norman. He said there were 23 companies involved with the PGA Tour and those companies did over $40 billion in business with the Saudis last year.

IMHO, if the DP (Euro) Tour forms a partnership with LIV, then the PGA Tour is in real trouble.

I saw an interview with Greg Norman. He said there were 23 companies involved with the PGA Tour and those companies did over $40 billion in business with the Saudis last year.

IMHO, if the DP (Euro) Tour forms a partnership with LIV, then the PGA Tour is in real trouble.

and that number doesn't even include the smaller sponsors..

on top of that, the PGA tour was fine with players skipping the AT&T pro-am this year to go over and play in Saudi.. the hypocrisy is nuts.

seeing which of the two tours DP joins with is definitely something to keep an eye on.. their players are about to get fucked with their world ranking points starting in August..

If you don't have to sign a liability waiver, it isn't a sport.

I was an all-state high school lineman since sophomore year, winner of multiple statewide awards, went to a D1AA school on a full scholarship and was quite successful...

I find golf more challenging than I ever did football (and have been playing since HS) ;)

Reactions: Ocho
https://nypost.com/2023/06/06/brooks-koepka-buries-brandel-chamblee-after-liv-golf-pga-tour-merger/

Brooks Koepka buries Brandel Chamblee with four words after LIV Golf-PGA Tour merger​

Brooks Koepka did not hesitate to rub salt in the wound.

Immediately after Tuesday’s bombshell news of the controversial LIV Golf circuit agreeing to a merge with the PGA Tour, Koepka took a shot at Brandel Chamblee, the Golf Channel analyst who has been among the Saudi-backed tour’s most outspoken critics.

“Welfare Check on Chamblee,” Koepka tweeted.

Chamblee, who is also a former PGA Tour pro, has frequently spoken out against LIV, accusing the players who took the payouts to join the rebel circuit — including Koepka, Dustin Johnson, Phil Mickelson, Bryson DeChambeau and Patrick Reed — of helping the Saudi regime “sports wash” their image.

Last year, Reed filed a $750 million lawsuit against Chamblee and the Golf Channel, with the 2018 Masters winner accusing the analyst of “calculated, malicious” attacks that have “had a direct effect on his livelihood.”

71823199-12165439-image-a-9_1686060976497.jpg

PGA commissioner Jay Monahan hails 'momentous day' in letter to Tour members after agreeing shock merger with rivals LIV Golf... as he insists the sport and its players will 'benefit for years to come'

71826913-0-image-a-31_1686066704893.jpg

71826915-0-image-a-32_1686066723332.jpg

'Rory is down so bad right now!': Social media pokes fun at McIlroy for 'turning down $300MILLION just to work for the Saudis for free for one year' after shock PGA-LIV merger

71825671-0-image-a-99_1686064431423.jpg

More

I thought it was crazy that Greg Norman didn't know about the merger until this morning.

Brandel Chamblee is a clown, all his talk about morality. Brandel should practice what he preaches.

Reactions: Apparition
I thought it was crazy that Greg Norman didn't know about the merger until this morning.

Brandel Chamblee is a clown, all his talk about morality. Brandel should practice what he preaches.

I’d be so pissed if I was a PGA player who was offered LIV money. What a cluster fuck for them.

Reactions: zebra12
I wish the CNBC anchor would have asked Jay Monahan if he regretted making the blood money and sports-washing comments.

The PGA Tour players who turned down the cash are going to do a code red on Monahan.

Reactions: Apparition
I wish the CNBC anchor would have asked Jay Monahan if he regretted making the blood money and sports-washing comments.

The PGA Tour players who turned down the cash are going to do a code red on Monahan.

I can’t believe he’ll last. How can anyone trust him?