Phone Mount to Windshield Frame

CNYJeeper

Supporting Member
So I don't really use the windshield visor much, if at all. I took it off for a while - and don't miss it. Now I'm staring at the bar across the top of the windshield and think that's some pretty good real estate for a phone mount, albeit in a landscape position, which is not the end of the world.

Any mounts out there that are "screw-on/bolt-on"??

In other words, not magnetic.

Reactions: Wheeler
I drilled a hole and installed a stainless 1/4-20 rivet nut onto the windshield frame just to the right of the rear view mirror’s position on the windshield. I installed a 1” Ram ball, a double socket Ram mount arm and a Ram Quick-Grip XL phone holder. Holds my iPhone XR in the landscape position immediately above the mirror and just offset to the right. Rock solid setup…

Reactions: matkal and Wheeler
I removed the tie down bracket and installed a Ram single socket arm in the existing holes in the windshield frame. Mine is for a tablet but you could do the same with a phone.
20211224_091806.jpg
20211224_092331.jpg
20211224_092229.jpg

So I don't really use the windshield visor much, if at all. I took it off for a while - and don't miss it. Now I'm staring at the bar across the top of the windshield and think that's some pretty good real estate for a phone mount, albeit in a landscape position, which is not the end of the world.

Any mounts out there that are "screw-on/bolt-on"??

In other words, not magnetic.
Let’s see a picture. Is it like a roll cage bar? Look at 67 designs or bullet point.
Both should have what ya need. I don’t use a bar mount. I use a combo bullet point windshield mount with 67 designs arm and phone holder it’s boss.

I use quad lock with the windshield Mount. Phone won’t fall no matter what you hit, you can orientate however you like. Sorry I don’t have a picture!

Untraceable burner phone with "high tech" disposable mounting system. @Zorba has taught me well. :cool:
p.s. The Russians are listening right now. 🤫
You don't have a fetish for a useless smartphone at least! I never cease to be amazed at how people's entire lives revolve around their phone. Its all about the PHONE!!!!! :D ;)

You don't have a fetish for a useless smartphone at least! I never cease to be amazed at how people's entire lives revolve around their phone. Its all about the PHONE!!!!! :D ;)
It's like Facebook to me. It makes lonely people feel like their lives are better than they actually are.
1646081009664.png

p.s. Gotta go now! I hear my Mom screaming at me to get off the computer so she can answer the phone upstairs while I'm on her dialup AOL connection. The noise is horrible!!!!

Last edited:
Here is a photo of the mount I have. You can stick it anywhere (that’s what she said) and orientate the phone horizontally or vertically. Magnetic mounts didn’t work in the trails.
0C96EBC6-208C-4D8E-991A-7B38FBF261F2.jpeg