Pick N' Pull Find

KimsJeep

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
We went to Pic n Pull and hubby said "there's a Jeep". So I am looking for a Liberty or Cherokee or the like. Then there it was, a real Jeep. Well almost real. LOL I was so shocked to see a Mail Jeep out in the yard. I keep doing searches for Jeeps online but never find anything. And there it was, live in person. :D Of course I couldn't use anything off of it, but it was fun to have a look at it. Now I want one. Guess I'll have to talk to the lady that gave my the Jeepster and see if she will give me the Mail Jeep she has too. :D

MjJToELsQ+elcF5eAlHYFw.jpg

CFpMtQHLSK2gVd2ExqT+GA.jpg

TVAheCLyTvS1vUR8Yk784w.jpg

7X3HFYK2SaGtC0NRvUQaGg.jpg

Haha, now there's something you don't see too often at the wrecking yard!

For the most part, the only thing that looked to be missing was the grille, and that was probably taken just to make wall art out of it. LOL

Did they ever make a civilian Jeep with a one piece metal top? I swear my fathers Jeep back in the 80's had a full metal hard top that wasn't removable. IIRC. And it wasn't a postal Jeep. It was a production Jeep.

The post jeeps were made to be similar to the CJ series but were different. The auto is a Torque Flight 727, the grill was extended forward compared to the CJ, they were 2 wheel drive and the body was RHD configuration. They have some parts that interchange with a CJ, but not much. I would find a wrangler YJ tub and frame, and swap most of the parts over that I could, then make it left hand drive and install 4x4 and a 4.0...on leafs if I was into a project. It would make a show stopper. Good luck Kim. TIM

I'm not going to get it guys. LOL I just thought it was neat and would be fun to have. I doubt if I will even try to get the one I know of. It just sounds like a fun thing to have. Thing is, we are not car poor. We don't have enough room for the cars we have now. LOL