Picked up a used Warn xd9000i winch today

dvngdg

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
This is my first winch... It came with a winch plate, wired controller, and a roller fairlead for a total of $340.
Any PM i should do to it?
Any recommended connectors I should use at the battery?
Was that a decent price?
Any input is appreciated

Thanks

warn2.jpg

warn3.jpg

That particular motor was known for corroding around the brush plate since it mated at the same place as the end cap. Good idea to pull the motor apart, clean up the brush plate and the end of the motor housing put it all back together and then smear some Ultra Black or something similar on the seam of the motor cap to the motor frame.

I'm partial to the military style battery terminals since they allow for a lot of full-power accessories (no specific endorsement here...just an example) https://www.walmart.com/ip/Military...QyzO_s5-tKLi9SiOYql5HciUlY_wuvWhoCVFEQAvD_BwE.
Considering it came with the plate and its apparent condition, I'd say you got a good deal.
Once you've done the maintenance suggested by @Blackjack, I'd run the wire all the way out and re-spool under some load to get it tightened up and evenly coiled. Some synth rope would be nice in the future but the steel cable on their now looks to be in good condition. Check the tube for vids if desired.

Reactions: dvngdg
Seems like a good deal to me. You might want to take apart the gearbox to clean regrease it, or at least pull it off and look inside.

Reactions: dvngdg