Picking up where I left off

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a lot of mud for Arizona. It’s all about context 😉
Ok.. Then this is "rock crawling". Lol ... All about context, right? Or as the realtors say, "Location, location, location!" ;).

IMG_2370.jpg

They told me if I wanted to air condition the garage I would need a 3-ton unit. I'm guessing that means about $4000 or so to cool the garage :LOL:
That seems very odd with today's technology. When we had our package unit (roof top AC on flat roof) replaced. I asked them for a 5 ton since that is what was there. They said nope, 4 ton is more than plenty and they were correct, it has been. That's for 2500 square feet of living area.

That seems very odd with today's technology. When we had our package unit (roof top AC on flat roof) replaced. I asked them for a 5 ton since that is what was there. They said nope, 4 ton is more than plenty and they were correct, it has been. That's for 2500 square feet of living area.
That definitely raises some questions. I thought a 3-ton for the garage seemed like a bit of overkill.

Chris look into split units, i use a small one to cool a bonus room above my garage it works great they are super efficient. Get a price on getting one installed.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GREE-Li...at-Remote-115V-60Hz-LIVS09HP115V1BK/301983301
View attachment 272098
Yep, that’s what I have installed in our sons room, a mini-split just like this. I did it because his room being right over the garage is always hot no matter how cool the rest of the house is. This was a total game changer as his room is now ice cold if we want it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.