Pictures of Hood Vents or Louvres

XJCJTJ

Supporting Member
I’ve been searching to find different hood vents for the TJ and I’ll I’ve seen are the full hood vents or some ZJ vents. Does anyone have pictures of the hood with other vents like the Datsun or GenRights?

Here...

I personally wouldn't install louvres into a hood of a vehicle that is a daily driver or one that gets driven in areas that receive lots of rain. The connectors can get wet enough to start causing misfires or other problems. Not to mention the engine area doesn't get hot enough to worry about. Yeah I know those who added louvres won't agree and I agree they do look cool but...

Reactions: Daryl
I personally wouldn't install louvres into a hood of a vehicle that is a daily driver or one that gets driven in areas that receive lots of rain. The connectors can get wet enough to start causing misfires or other problems. Not to mention the engine area doesn't get hot enough to worry about. Yeah I know those who added louvres won't agree and I agree they do look cool but...

I agree with this statement. I live in a desert so the 10 days of rain shouldn’t be an issue. I ran vents on my Cherokee for years and the only water that caused a problem was the puddle I hit hard enough to splash water out the vent from below. :)

The genright is really not a whole lot different than the poison spyder.

I installed a pair of Genright Long Narrow louvers about a week before I read about the Factory fix for heat soak. :rolleyes: Which is about right for me.:(
The left one is right above the exhaust, and the left one mirrors it. I also live in the desert, and haven't had a problem with them getting wet.:cautious:

Reactions: TJ Starting
100%

I learned the hard way with vents on my XJ hood. A trip through the automatic car wash cost me a TPS. Rain would probably be the same result. I've since "sealed" the TPS. And I did the TPS in the rice bowl tip, too. Don't know if that works but I have a maybe good spare for the trail.