Pierce winches

The mantra of US consumers isn't "I paid more than you did", it is "I paid less than you did and I got the same thing". See, it has a motor, a drum to wind in the line, a place to plug in the controller, it's black, and it bolts to my front bumper. Must be the same, right?

And that about sums it up right there. I can't think of a time that anyone ever bragged about paying more for something.

Reactions: Kyle_W
My Grandpa has a harbor freight generator, and while it does its job, it just isn't the same as a decent / good quality generator like a Generac.
HFT and similar low cost and low quality generators are what keep me from sleeping in some campgrounds when the idiot who owns it won't shut it off until 1am. They are loud enough to wake the dead. Good quality generators like from Honda are quiet enough to allow me to get some sleep.

Reactions: Kyle_W
Looks something like this:View attachment 12431
Exactly. We need one for suspension work to pry down an axle or spread a mount open from time to time.
Mmmm...Enerpac! Used a lot of those in the shipyards and in the fab shops to gently persuade things to move. Loved the small ones with a throw of about 4" to align rolled steel plates and shapes. The biggest I ever worked with was a four cylinder set with an electric power unit we used in the shop to lift trash compactors. The shell weighed in at 110,000 pounds, and we had to lift it to put it on a truck for shipping. That console was a thing of beauty and precision.

I'll chime in since my name was here :D. Yes 4Low Parts carries the Pierce line of products. I was born and raised 20min from their facility and have been familiar with their business for a long time. Yes their electric line of planetary winches are imported. I have used the entire electric line of products without issue. That being said, they do carry ALL replacement parts in-house if ever needed and their customer service is outstanding! (yes I do understand how much that helps if it breaks down when you need it) ;). I have tried just about every winch brand/manufacturer across their product line and when it comes down to it, I have to use what works best for me and what I expect/need them to do! Nothing wrong with the Pierce 12K there on the ground, but I need FAST line speeds:uzi:

20170328_174430_zps7oohlfpu.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58 and Chris