Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Pin assignments for rear wiper and defroster plugs?

MikekiM

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Hoping to cannibalize one of the stocks circuits as a source of switched power for seat heaters.

I am soft top only so don’t and won’t use the rear wiper or defroster. Looks like both circuits are switched power. The defroster is timed.. is the timer incorporated in the switch or elsewhere in rig? Not sure about the viability of either circuit.

Can anyone help with details on these circuits and pin assignment?

If the defroster timer is someplace other than the switch, it could be a good source of power for the seat warmers as I don’t expect I would want them on indefinitely and a timed out power circuit could be useful.

OP
MikekiM

MikekiM

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
OP
MikekiM

MikekiM

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Can one of you electrical guru's interpret this for me please...
Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 11.43.26.png

IMG_5171.jpeg

I want to repurpose the rear defogger circuit's switched power & ground. The connector to the switch had switch power to the blue/green tracer and I assume black is ground. Does that match the wiring schematic??

I can calculate the internal rate of return on staggered deposits to an investment account, but these wiring schematics leave me bleeding from my eyes

Reactions: Wildman