New Jersey Pine Barrens trail maps?

So live in the Pine Barrens In central Jersey....(yes there is such a thing as central Jersey). There are probably thousands of miles of trail right outside my door. Does anyone make or use a a type of map system. I would love one for my phone but when I tell you it is in the middle of nothing I mean that. I know they have the Jeep one but there is nothing for my area. I have been out there on a motorcycle and it is very easy to get all twisted up....

I live in north Jersey, have never driven in the Pine Barrens, but would love to check it out. The only off roading I do is on Island Beach State Park, I go pretty often...

Try the OnX Offroad app. https://www.onxmaps.com/offroad-app?ref=nav

You should be able to download and get a 7 day free trial. You can download maps to your phone then, when out and about, even if there's no service, it'll work via the phone's GPS (even in airplane mode) and you'll have the maps at your fingertips - and it'll track you in real time. I use the hunting version of the app and it's amazing; well worth the $29.99/yr subscription. It's like having all the forest service, BLM, etc. maps in your phone, layered together.

I might try to get a hold of someone who ran the Jamborees out there when they were still doing it. They might have a map. Otherwise, try not to get shot or your head taken off by a wire across the trail. Hopefully some of the craziness has calmed out there in recent years after JJUSA stopped running their event.

I might try to get a hold of someone who ran the Jamborees out there when they were still doing it. They might have a map. Otherwise, try not to get shot or your head taken off by a wire across the trail. Hopefully some of the craziness has calmed out there in recent years after JJUSA stopped running their event.
so I guess you know about Jersey...lol...it just sucks because if you zig when you should have zagged you will be lost for days out there

so I guess you know about Jersey...lol...it just sucks because if you zig when you should have zagged you will be lost for days out there

I lived in Bucks County (just across the river in PA) for 13 years. Unfortunately I found the only real wheeling to be done was either the parks up in the mountains (AOAA or Rausch) or some of the beaches on the shore. If I had lived near the Pine Barrens I might've ventured out a little more, but I wasn't about to head the hour and a half down there alone with the stories I've heard coming from there.

I lived in Bucks County (just across the river in PA) for 13 years. Unfortunately I found the only real wheeling to be done was either the parks up in the mountains (AOAA or Rausch) or some of the beaches on the shore. If I had lived near the Pine Barrens I might've ventured out a little more, but I wasn't about to head the hour and a half down there alone with the stories I've heard coming from there.
It is less then 1 mile from my house

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
You can stop at the ranger station the have a basic trail map available for free. Basically gives you the main trails and destinations.

hhhhmmmmm......I guess I never really thought about that......good point...I just hate dealing with them Park Rangers.

There is a small station next to the entrance from St 206 called Atsion Station, really just a glorified shack. You can stop in there and they had Xerox copies on the countertop.

I also was able to get a lot of info from this site.

http://www.pineypower.com/geninfopbpg10.html