Pioneer SPH-10BT head unit with built in phone mount

I don't know if a "cradle" offers enough support for the phone in a Jeep. And what if you forget your phone? No tunes?

Other than that, it would seem to be a very clever idea. Gets you a faux double din touchscreen without the cost and size of a double din or the touchscreen ! I think I like that idea.

Me? I would shy away from controlling the radio from the phone for a different reason. Too many states now have laws on the books about using your phone while driving. Even if you're just changing your playlist, you don't need to get pulled over, waste the time trying to explain to the officer about what you were doing, before getting back on your way.

Would you get pulled over? Maybe not.
Would you get a ticket? Probably not.
Is that head unit worth the hassle? Probably not (at least for me).

It's hard enough to find the buttons on my Kenwood head unit. I couldn't imagine using my touch screen on my phone in a flimsy holder. I don't think so. Plus I'm sure there are apps to control your stereo via bluetooth already. If I was gonna go to that trouble why not put a double din 7 inch screen in? Then you get the best of all worlds. GPS, back up camera etc. etc.

It's hard enough to find the buttons on my Kenwood head unit. I couldn't imagine using my touch screen on my phone in a flimsy holder. I don't think so. Plus I'm sure there are apps to control your stereo via bluetooth already. If I was gonna go to that trouble why not put a double din 7 inch screen in? Then you get the best of all worlds. GPS, back up camera etc. etc.
Well this one is $100 on Amazon. While any double din would be more epensive require either a new dashboard panel or some careful dremeling.
I already drive around using my phone to control my head unit, but I have switch between the head unit and the phone, and this one would probably vibrate less and be in a more convenient location.

Well this one is $100 on Amazon. While any double din would be more epensive require either a new dashboard panel or some careful dremeling.
I already drive around using my phone to control my head unit, but I have switch between the head unit and the phone, and this one would probably vibrate less and be in a more convenient location.
Ya. Your probably looking at three bills to have a double din put in. $200 if u do it yourself with a direct from china unit. Www.eincar.com has an excellent selection. Some for cheaper than 200.

But i would much prefer a double din over this unit. Just seems like a flimsy gimmick imho. Buy a good phone holder and even a decent single din and your solid.

Ive gotta either hook up my old ipod for music. Or start controlling head unit with phone. I bought the cable to leave my ipod locked in my security glove box. But i have not tried to use it yet. I was hoping it might be more automatic than my phone. But maybe not.

Either way i hate the tiny knobs and hard to use interface on my kenwood single din head unit. Even changing radio stations is hit or miss. Tiny tiny buttons. With bumps in the road. Is hard to navigate. Even using the eq is not easy.

I look at the stock stereo. And think wow how much more ergonomic it is. Buttons and knobs made for real fingers. Not a pen. Lol. To bad stereo companies dont take that into account.