Piss & Moan Table

What a day Friday was, snow, electrician, new expensive med from my cardiologist. Snow sucks but at least it didn't cost me like the other two are going to.

The electrician said what happened was a high voltage surge. He said Central Maine power will never admit to it. A high voltage surge happens so fast that the circuit breakers can't kick off before they burnout. He said if it was anything else it would have just tripped the breaker. No melting lines or Fire Dept. just a simple fix.

He said what needs to be done is going to be labor intensive. Monday I need to contact the insurance company that's going to be a lot of fun, having to deal with all that BS.

I'm glad my insurance covers most of the cost of my new med it's only going to cost me $140 bucks versus the $2,000 without insurance. I should've asked my cardiologist what is he getting from the drug company.

What a day Friday was, snow, electrician, new expensive med from my cardiologist. Snow sucks but at least it didn't cost me like the other two are going to.

The electrician said what happened was a high voltage surge. He said Central Maine power will never admit to it. A high voltage surge happens so fast that the circuit breakers can't kick off before they burnout. He said if it was anything else it would have just tripped the breaker. No melting lines or Fire Dept. just a simple fix.

He said what needs to be done is going to be labor intensive. Monday I need to contact the insurance company that's going to be a lot of fun, having to deal with all that BS.

I'm glad my insurance covers most of the cost of my new med it's only going to cost me $140 bucks versus the $2,000 without insurance. I should've asked my cardiologist what is he getting from the drug company.
Maybe the cardiologist should show you a pic of his pharmaceutical rep? Might solve the puzzle!

I need to set this story up by explaining the back story.

I'm not one to laugh out loud watching TV or if someone is telling me a story. My wife on the other hand is always laughing about stuff.

My brother in-law doesn't get it when someone is making fun of him. He also is loud and when he is drunk which is every night is either ranting, or passed out. His clothes look like he rolled out of bed in, and came from some charity.

He lives in one of my houses that has a four car garage, where we updated my Jeep over the winter.

When I see him walking I pull up and ask him if he needs I ride. When he hops in I tell him I like to pick up the hobo's, and the homeless it's my good deed of the day.

So today I hear him at the door, he says I need to tell you something funny, I'm thinking here we go it's not going to be funny at all.

Well he tells me as he is walking this jacked up Subaru with a fart can goes by then it turns around then pulls up next to him.

He said a blonde woman is driving, so he figures she is going to ask for directions. She says Do you need a ride back to the shelter? He said no I live in that big ass house with the 4 car garage.

When he told me I thought I was going to die laughing. He goes to tell the wife he says now this just happened and it has to be funny because Tim is still out in the other room laughing.

When he comes back out he says I can't wait to tell all my friends what happened???

I need to set this story up by explaining the back story.

I'm not one to laugh out loud watching TV or if someone is telling me a story. My wife on the other hand is always laughing about stuff.

My brother in-law doesn't get it when someone is making fun of him. He also is loud and when he is drunk which is every night is either ranting, or passed out. His clothes look like he rolled out of bed in, and came from some charity.

He lives in one of my houses that has a four car garage, where we updated my Jeep over the winter.

When I see him walking I pull up and ask him if he needs I ride. When he hops in I tell him I like to pick up the hobo's, and the homeless it's my good deed of the day.

So today I hear him at the door, he says I need to tell you something funny, I'm thinking here we go it's not going to be funny at all.

Well he tells me as he is walking this jacked up Subaru with a fart can goes by then it turns around then pulls up next to him.

He said a blonde woman is driving, so he figures she is going to ask for directions. She says Do you need a ride back to the shelter? He said no I live in that big ass house with the 4 car garage.

When he told me I thought I was going to die laughing. He goes to tell the wife he says now this just happened and it has to be funny because Tim is still out in the other room laughing.

When he comes back out he says I can't wait to tell all my friends what happened???
Well, who knows, maybe he grew a funny bone.

Or maybe he’s proud of the fact he looks like a bum.

It’s kinda like I’ve always said,

I fix machinery because you can’t fix people!

Good fences make good neighbors.....
Unless your farming neighbor pushes a stump along with some wire fence 3 feet toward your side.

Finally got warm enough to spray weeds yesterday. 90’ wide spray boom (depth perception compromised) snagged said fence stump combo and ripped 3 nozzles off the right boom. Lucky no bent metal!
Grrrr!

Roundabouts and DDIs (diverging diamond interchanges) are here to stay, and I’m fine with that. Huge gains in efficiency. In my part of the world, if you want to install a new light, you will be told to use one of these solutions instead in many cases.

But change is difficult for societies. I have noticed that after a period of adjustment, most drivers adapt and gain confidence. It will take more time before it’s second nature.

Back on topic: I hate when lights aren’t timed properly. I know that sometimes that’s due to pedestrian crossings being activated, but I would think that they could be timed within the framework of vehicle timing? Seems like a good application of AI.
Here they avoid the traffic control device by cutting through the parking lot, then re-entering roadway, screwing up traffic patterns therefore probably a good thing we don't have diverging diamond interchanges:

Here they avoid the traffic control device by cutting through the parking lot, then re-entering roadway, screwing up traffic patterns therefore probably a good thing we don't have diverging diamond interchanges:
A DDI doesn’t make sense in that kind of setting. They’re used to transition from a limited access highway to a major road.

For a traffic light situation, a circle can work well once people get used to them and keep moving.

Last night at 8:30 PM, hour #15 of a feverish day planting corn, I finish a field behind the RR tracks. Murphy's Law: A slowing train approaches and stops. Blocking the crossing. Rain forecasted. Would like to get planter in the shed. Fuck it. Shut down, leave tractor and planter out. Climb thru the train cars get in the truck and go home.

Surgeon comes in tells me he has got to talk to cardiology. He wants to wait to do surgery because he's afraid that I might bleed out. So they may do surgery tomorrow morning but they're worried about me having a stroke.

After the doctor leaves my nurse says that is a hell of a choice.

Surgeon comes in tells me he has got to talk to cardiology. He wants to wait to do surgery because he's afraid that I might bleed out. So they may do surgery tomorrow morning but they're worried about me having a stroke.

After the doctor leaves my nurse says that is a hell of a choice.
Damn! Hoping here for a good outcome.

Sorry buddy. My 12 yr old is type one diabetic. He costs us $2500 a month.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
Today at the McDonald’s drive thru, on the second window where you pick up your order is a sticker that says: BRAILE MENUS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
I had a good laugh as I ran the scenarios thru my brain.

Today at the McDonald’s drive thru, on the second window where you pick up your order is a sticker that says: BRAILE MENUS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
I had a good laugh as I ran the scenarios thru my brain.
There was a Bank of America branch in Burien, Washington that had the instructions for the outside ATM machine in Braille...behind a Lexan protective cover. I shit you, not.

I go see my primary care doctor today he said I got your paperwork from the hospital. So how are you feeling? I said the night sweats are driving me nuts, and a few other issues with my IBS (I'll spare you the details). He said Pneumonia will do that what meds did they give you?

Pneumonia? no one said to me. He shows me my second cat scan results says it right in black n white. He said surgeons focus on where they cut, I had a x-ray done, got some meds have to go back next week.