Piss & Moan Table

I got humbled wheeling on Monday when I had to winch my TJ with $5k and hundreds of my own hours in axles and suspension up an obstacle after my cousin made it first try in his 2" lifted Tacoma with 31" duratracs.

Then my rear axle started making noise before the 250 mile drive home.

Then I came back to work to discover that I have to ask my customer to revise their controls communication spec because it's impossible to meet with the hardware I'm providing on this $100M project.

I have 200 feet of fence to build this weekend.
ok, but did anyone die?

I hated building fence as a teen, but we usually built a 1/4 mile at a time

I hate it as a 37 year old. The soil at my house is basically tiny pieces of crushed granite that meshes together like concrete, which is actually nice for setting the posts but it SUCKS to dig the holes. I also have like 100 trees so there's not a posthole-sized patch of earth on the place that doesn't have half a dozen roots going through it.

I hate it as a 37 year old. The soil at my house is basically tiny pieces of crushed granite that meshes together like concrete, which is actually nice for setting the posts but it SUCKS to dig the holes. I also have like 100 trees so there's not a posthole-sized patch of earth on the place that doesn't have half a dozen roots going through it.
I think the thing that bothered me the most was the slow progress, takes a long time before it starts to look like you are accomplishing something. I enjoyed baling hay no matter if I was on the rack or in the cab of the tractor.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Why are people in Omaha such terrible drivers? I get almost hit, or something stupid happens almost every rush hour. My last vehicle was in 3 accidents; 2 people turned left in front of me and another rear ended me.

Today someone rushed to the front of a lane that merged left, cut me off, then slowed down to 10 mph below the speed limit. But that was the good driver.

When I got to the freeway part of the trip, a person in front of me had their hazards flashing as we merged on at 65 mph. After a mile I smelled rubber burning. After another mile there was smoke. Then when I pulled off at my exit they were throwing chunks of the tire they were shredding airborne across the lanes. I pulled off, they kept driving on at 55 mph. I bet in another mile they were shooting sparks and gouging out highway like one of those police videos.

They knew the tire was flat because they had their hazard lights flashing, yet decided driving at highway speeds for miles was their best option. 😳

With the traffic here I've considered a Mad Max type of commuter car. That reminds me, I need to get rock sliders installed.

Why are people in Omaha such terrible drivers? I get almost hit, or something stupid happens almost every rush hour. My last vehicle was in 3 accidents; 2 people turned left in front of me and another rear ended me.

Today someone rushed to the front of a lane that merged left, cut me off, then slowed down to 10 mph below the speed limit. But that was the good driver.

When I got to the freeway part of the trip, a person in front of me had their hazards flashing as we merged on at 65 mph. After a mile I smelled rubber burning. After another mile there was smoke. Then when I pulled off at my exit they were throwing chunks of the tire they were shredding airborne across the lanes. I pulled off, they kept driving on at 55 mph. I bet in another mile they were shooting sparks and gouging out highway like one of those police videos.

They knew the tire was flat because they had their hazard lights flashing, yet decided driving at highway speeds for miles was their best option. 😳

With the traffic here I've considered a Mad Max type of commuter car. That reminds me, I need to get rock sliders installed.
I hate when people brake 50 yards before using their turn signal, it’s supposed to be the other way around so I know what they are doing.

Got rear ended Monday. 6th hit in 3 years, 2 different cars. Good side is, I get to try new cars from rental company. Cop thinks she was txting and she didn’t have a DL. Taking this one to court, last car I traded in, the dealer wouldn’t come up on the trade in value because it had been repaired. Insurance will fix the car, but won’t cover the loss in value.

They can't be worse than California drivers. Driving "HUA" is the order of the day, can NOT get out of their own way, 10 under in the fast lane, etc, etc. Now that I'm in Florida, I can virtually ALWAYS tell a California driver before I even see the plate!

And Goddess help you if it starts to rain, or even mist...

That seems to be pretty accurate. The drivers here in Florida are head and shoulders above anything I ever saw in California. They do have their own little quirks here - seems that Floridians don't know how to turn right when they have the right of way, but stop instead - but overall, its MUCH better here, even with the snowbirds!
Minneapolis should be higher on the list

I'm not sure how Colorado Springs only made 46 on that worst driver list. There are things that happen here on a regular basis that are an occasional nuisance in other places I've driven.

1. Stopping on an onramp. Seriously...they'll get almost to the end and panic about finding a spot to slip into (something I've somehow never had any trouble doing before) and just stop, ensuring that the only spot they'll be able to get will have to be half a mile long before they'll be able to match their speed. There was a spot on my way home from work at my last house where an offramp from I-25 turned into an onramp for a boulevard. I would get hung up at the end of the onramp 3 days a week, or if I was the second car in line I'd just go around the stopped car and give them the stinkeye as I passed by and flawlessly merged into the traffic flow.

2. Slowing down to pass. Everywhere else I've ever been, people speed up when they're passing an 18 wheeler so they spend less time next to it, but not here. Here, they'll be going 10mph faster than the semi and then slow down as they approach it so they pass at a 1mph differential and maximize their exposure to the risk of an errant stone or a blown tire, as well as causing traffic to back up for half a mile behind them.

3. Rubbernecking at cars wrecked or stopped in the shoulder. it happens everywhere, but I've never seen it this bad. In fact, on a recent roadtrip back from Florida, I noticed several accidents on my way back where traffic slowed down a bit, especially if a lane was blocked, but was still moving. Here, people slow down so bad that someone fixing a flat tire, fully over on the shoulder will cause half a mile of gridlock.

Reactions: Apparition
HOLY SHIT...Grand Rapids ranks as 19th best IN THE COUNTRY!!! God Damn, ya'll must have some REALLY bad drivers. I'm constantly amazed at the bullshit I see driving to work every day...

As far as pissing and moaning. This is something a bit recent and personal, but its infuritating. My Sis-in-law is a bit of a black sheep. She's a drunk, been on disability for something like 50 years, blames EVERYONE for her problems, bashes on her folks (my wife's parents) all the time when they are the only ones who actually help her. She's really bad now. Living in filth, utilities cut off, etc. One of her friends called 911. Paramedics came, she's jaundiced, has a distended abdomen, going into renal failure and knocking on death's door. She refused treatment. There isn't a DAMN thing anyone can do at this point to temporarily force her into a hospital. Like, nothing...

I have a feeling though, if we called the Human Society about animal neglect (she has one dog left), they would bust down her door and cart her off to jail. In fact, I recommended they do that, both for her sake and the pooch.

That just seems so asinine to me...

• Wow
Reactions: Squatch
I'm not sure how Colorado Springs only made 46 on that worst driver list. There are things that happen here on a regular basis that are an occasional nuisance in other places I've driven.

1. Stopping on an onramp. Seriously...they'll get almost to the end and panic about finding a spot to slip into (something I've somehow never had any trouble doing before) and just stop, ensuring that the only spot they'll be able to get will have to be half a mile long before they'll be able to match their speed. There was a spot on my way home from work at my last house where an offramp from I-25 turned into an onramp for a boulevard. I would get hung up at the end of the onramp 3 days a week, or if I was the second car in line I'd just go around the stopped car and give them the stinkeye as I passed by and flawlessly merged into the traffic flow.

2. Slowing down to pass. Everywhere else I've ever been, people speed up when they're passing an 18 wheeler so they spend less time next to it, but not here. Here, they'll be going 10mph faster than the semi and then slow down as they approach it so they pass at a 1mph differential and maximize their exposure to the risk of an errant stone or a blown tire, as well as causing traffic to back up for half a mile behind them.

3. Rubbernecking at cars wrecked or stopped in the shoulder. it happens everywhere, but I've never seen it this bad. In fact, on a recent roadtrip back from Florida, I noticed several accidents on my way back where traffic slowed down a bit, especially if a lane was blocked, but was still moving. Here, people slow down so bad that someone fixing a flat tire, fully over on the shoulder will cause half a mile of gridlock.
Oh Goddess yes! I could write a book about rubberneckers - esp. in California. Not only do they virtually stop to look at somebody changing a tire, they do it for somebody changing a tire ON THE OTHER SIDE OF A MULTI-LANE FREEWAY! Its "creep and beep" for MILES on BOTH sides in BOTH directions.

Me? I don't give a damn. If its not in my lane, I'm not slowing down. "Charlies Angels" could be dancing nude on the shoulder and I wouldn't slow one iota, and I'd go around those that did if I could!

I've only had one idiot stop on an onramp, early on in my driving career. I didn't hit anything, but I suddenly was looking back where I came from while still rolling a snail's pace in my original direction - car swapped ends on me. OTOH, there was a merging lane near my home that idiots stopped on all the time - I'd go around those too when I could, which was about 50% of the time.

My "favorite" rubbernecking story was on California's highway 5. Out in the middle of nowhere, we're creeping and beeping. Saw a column of smoke in the distance, a couple of miles away. When we finally got there, there was a motorhome on fire - fully engulfed - in the middle of the very wide median - WELL away from the traffic lanes. These FOOLS are creeping past this mess (in both directions), I'm expecting the propane tank to blow or something, GTF OUT OF MY WAY so I can get the hell away! I was BEYOND pissed...