Piss & Moan Table

I farm along three major highways. The traffic is a shitshow. The amount of people that pass me while I'm trying to turn left is astounding.
I've realized that farm equipment these days has so much lighting that its confusing people. So normally in daytime I won't run any flashers or strobes.
Then just put the turn signal on a couple hundred feet and attempt a turn while constantly monitoring my mirror. Or if no oncoming traffic crowd over left. And its not like I'm pulling out in front of people, I always have to wait for countless cars before getting out on the road. $4.50 fuel hasn't dropped the traffic count one damn bit.

I farm along three major highways. The traffic is a shitshow. The amount of people that pass me while I'm trying to turn left is astounding.
I've realized that farm equipment these days has so much lighting that its confusing people. So normally in daytime I won't run any flashers or strobes.
Then just put the turn signal on a couple hundred feet and attempt a turn while constantly monitoring my mirror. Or if no oncoming traffic crowd over left. And its not like I'm pulling out in front of people, I always have to wait for countless cars before getting out on the road. $4.50 fuel hasn't dropped the traffic count one damn bit.
Our farm was in southern Indiana along US Hwy 50. Time frame i was there was in the 60's and early 70's so our equipment was only 30-75HP with tricycle front ends (an IH 350, E3 Coop, IH 656, and an 856- no cabs, no roll bars, no turn signals, mechanical dry brakes that would lock up unevenly). I always wanted a nice SS pistol to have on the tractor for varmit plinking but decided it might get used inappropriately. In that section of Indiana US 50 was two lane up and down roller coaster and heavy trucks used the downhill to gain speed for the next hill- often hitting 80 mph in the bottoms so they could top the hills at 45-50 mph. Passing zones were only 400-500' long. There was 1' of pavement beyond the white line then either a deep concrete ditch or a stone cut bluff--no where to go.
I was forced off the road with passing semi's who suddenly realized they had an oncoming semi about to meet
I was rear ended on a bridge by a loaded feed truck in a bridge with a 60' drop off (and my dad was riding on the hitch between wagon and tractor) That poor truck driver was in a cabover and i could see him literally standing on his hydraulic brakes- all of our eyes must have been like saucers- he got it down from maybe 70 to 20 so a 5 mph gap to my speed. We lived another day.
I was given the #1 sign so numerous that I was very proud- it was almost daily that I was so appreciated. I think the same folks showed appreciation by throwing glass bottles into our fields so we could collect the 5 cent fees via our tires.
I was cut off so many times trying to take a left i lost count- people paid no attention or had no clue what a hand signal was even though it was still taught in drivers ED. The one that came the closest to killing me was a woman who came up behind me doing her makeup in her visor. I stood up to get her attention and continued with hand signals- thought she saw me and just as I sat down to turn and brought the front end left she decided to pass me on the left. I nearly overturned.
I have seen the results of traffic vs tractor- let's just say seeing a pair of farmer boots poking out of a sheet still is in my mind.
Like I said- that pistol never happened- i would have made a bad call. But when i pulled a manure spreader people behaved;)

I really hoped by creating this thread more people would use it for general venting.
Unfortunately there are a few narcissists here who fiind it necessary to clog the forum with their "rant de jour"
Apparently I piss them off when I point this out.
On the bright side: as they put me on ignore, I blissfully don't have to see their drivel anymore.

1652882133815.png

I'd love to hear the backstory on the situation behind the photo in that meme, App! Also, the composer of the meme (I'm confident it's not you) needs to understand that there are numerous types of tape, and that is not duct tape. :rolleyes:

{In the theme of this thread, I'm pissing and moaning about getting the details right}

I'd love to hear the backstory on the situation behind the photo in that meme, App! Also, the composer of the meme (I'm confident it's not you) needs to understand that there are numerous types of tape, and that is not duct tape. :rolleyes:

{In the theme of this thread, I'm pissing and moaning about getting the details right}
Yes, not me. I'm not convinced that's a pickle, it could be a breadstick. Still funny though.

FYI google image search says this on Reuters -

An opposition supporter with pieces of bread taped onto his head shouts slogans during an anti-government protest in Sanaa February 3, 2011. REUTERS/Khaled Abdullah

My all time favorite incorrect gear for the battle picture. Not only will the lifejacket not stop a bullet, it's brightly colored and makes you an easy target. Nice gloves.

1652884690135.png

Just got home from a second week in southern Mexico, fixing factory fuck ups. Management thinks I'm being pissy. Do these look QC Inspected?

Cross threaded with an impact.
52089893788_52c9602ca3_z.jpg
[/url]

Seriously narrowed flame cut bracket holding up a corner of a 200lb oil cooler.
52090114539_af891c8989_z.jpg

Awful lot of hydraulic oil coming out of that air tank drain.
52090374290_cc392a01c7_z.jpg

I'm off for the next two weeks, then it's 2 more weeks in southern Mexico to try to put an end to this shitshow. Because that trip will use up two weekends, I'll get comped four days the following week, so, a one day work week. The following Friday will be my first full day of retirement. Then it's somebody else's shitshow.

Just got home from a second week in southern Mexico, fixing factory fuck ups. Management thinks I'm being pissy. Do these look QC Inspected?

Cross threaded with an impact.
View attachment 332107[/url]

Seriously narrowed flame cut bracket holding up a corner of a 200lb oil cooler.
View attachment 332108

Awful lot of hydraulic oil coming out of that air tank drain.
View attachment 332109

I'm off for the next two weeks, then it's 2 more weeks in southern Mexico to try to put an end to this shitshow. Because that trip will use up two weekends, I'll get comped four days the following week, so, a one day work week. The following Friday will be my first full day of retirement. Then it's somebody else's shitshow.
Congrats on the upcoming retirement!

Our 4:00pm flight back to Indy was postponed to 7:00, 7:30, 8:05, now 8:40
Car returned by 5:30. Sitting, waiting.

“Time to spare? Go by air”
As a professional airline seat occupier, you have my deepest sympathies. My earlier trip this month to Cancun from Chicago via Miami was delayed six hours in Miami due to a ground crew fuck up. When my boss wanted me back to Cancun last week, he insisted I fly through Miami to save a few bucks. Told him the only way that was happening was if he went with me.

I flew direct from O'hare.